Chapter 7

"We have plenty of food and water and have a new apprentice, Cedarpaw, who has been an apprentice for a moon." The leader announced over the clans, Lostpaw seemed to smile at Cedarpaw, "Congratulations!" She whispered, "Thank you, I'm a medicine cat apprentice!" Lostpaw seemed to be happy for her, Cedarpaw returned the smile, "We have also lost one warrior this Leaf-bare, Coldgaze."

Cedarpaw sighed, just remembering Coldgaze gave her the stinging pain in her chest. Lostpaw noticed this and frowned, confused about why she seemed sad, before noticing that that cat might have meant something to Cedarpaw, "That is all," The leader said, stepping back, lowering their head. 

The rest of the night went on without anything horrible, she ended up being better friends with Lostpaw, eventually, her clan started walking out of Fourtrees, "Goodbye Lostpaw!" Cedarpaw smiled, leaving, "Goodbye!" Once they had made it back to camp, Cedarpaw stopped, something in camp smelled... unfamiliar. She looked around, then realized the smell was a Thunderclan cat smell. She then noticed a rustle in the bushes, Ryefoot noticed it too, as she looked around and then walked straight past the bush, out of nowhere, she turned and leaped onto the cat in the bushes.

 Ryefoot then dragged a pure black tom out of the bushes, the tom's pupils became slits, his yellow eyes glaring at the large she-cat. Fishstar ran over to Ryefoot and the tom to help her, the leader's silver pelt shining in the moonlight. "You! What business do you have with Riverclan?!" The majestic she-cat snarled at the tom, "I am Blackrabbit of Thunderclan, I mean no harm! Now let me go!" He shook himself from Ryefoot's grasp, both of the cats stared closely at him, Fishstar nodded, "Fine, now let's-" She was cut off as Blackrabbit leaped up onto her back, making Fishstar fall over, exposing her belly to the attacker, the attacker scratched her chest several times, not letting go, eventually, Fishstar goes limp, the whole clan gasps, while Blackrabbit smiled at slowly looked around, laughing to himself, suddenly, Fishstar leaped up and clawed at Blackrabbit's face. 

This fight went on for a while, once it finally came to Blackrabbit that he was outnumbered, he glared at Fishstar, "This won't be the very last time you see me, Fishstar." The tom quickly ran away, limping. Cedarpaw stood there, amazed. She had taken into note every battle strategy she had been shown that fight, she then snapped out of it and ran up to Fishstar, silently inspecting her wounds. She ran to the medicine den, she came back to the leader's den with some herbs, "I believe Sheepberry is helping the other cats, so I need to help you!" 

She grabbed some oak leaves and cobwebs out of the leaf she had wrapped the herbs in, she wrapped the wounds in a mixture of cobwebs and oak leaves to stop the bleeding and also stop an infection, she then dropped two poppy seeds in front of the she-cat, "That should be all, tell me or someone else who will go get me, only if it starts hurting more!" The gray-ish blue she nodded, watching as Cedarpaw walked away, "The tall pine balancing on the mountain's side, will defeat the frozen in its final battle..." The leader whispered, quietly.

"Cedarpaw! You're back! Good, we have to go to the Moonstone tomorrow at Sunhigh!" Sheepberry smiled at Cedarpaw as she entered the medicine den, "That's great! I'll be up early!" Cedarpaw smiled, remembering her first time there, when Starclan had to approve of the new apprentice, she remembered how she looked frantically for her mother and father, yet they weren't there. "Good, I'll prepare for the trip, you get some rest!" Cedarpaw nodded, curling up and falling asleep.