Chapter 3

"Let all cats old enough to swim gather to hear my words" The bold Riverclan leader called, once everyone was gathered, this time including Ryefoot and Cedarkit, sitting close together, the leader called, "We have a new apprentice, Cedarkit, please come forward." Cedarkit looked at Ryefoot, seeing a tear roll down her check.

   "Go on, Cedarkit, I'm so proud of you, you can do this," Cedarkit nodded, "Cedarkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Cedarpaw. Your mentor will be Sheepberry." The leader said smiling, Cedarpaw was shocked, she had a feeling she couldn't be a good medicine cat, she was forgetful and clumsy and would mess everything up.

   Nevertheless, she walked over to Sheepberry, concerned. Sheepberry touched her nose to Cedarpaw's cheek, "Don't worry, you'll do fine!" She said, smiling. Ryefoot ran over, "Cedarpaw! I'm so proud of you! A future medicine cat, thank you too, Sheepberry!" Sheepberry nodded, "Of course, I'm proud to have her as my apprentice!"

   Cedarpaw had to interrupt, "Sheepberry, I don't think I would be a good medicine cat..." She said quietly, "Oh, Cedarpaw... You'll do fine, we chose you for a reason!" Sheepberry said, nuzzling her, "Don't worry!" Eventually Cedarpaw smiled.