Chapter 2

Jenna Williams had finished her shift at 'Lucinda's' the Italian restaurant located on a busy street in Kingston Upon Thames and couldn't wait to get home. It was one of those shifts where it seems like every possible issue could arise, food unavailable, meals being cold, customer's having to wait, the list could go on. She could have just walked out halfway through when a customer threw their plate at her, but she knew she needed this job.

"Bye Lara, see you on Tuesday!" Jenna said as she headed towards the door, looking forward to having a long weekend off. The air was a lot colder tonight than it had been last night, we had some delightfully spring-like weather over the past couple of days and Jenna didn't realise how miserable it was planning on being today, otherwise she wouldn't have worn the black skirt and would have gone for her black trousers instead.

Approaching the car park all Jenna could hear around her was music pulsing out of the clubs, the smell of spilt alcohol and fried food filled the air. When she got to her car, she went to unlock the car door pressing on the car fob and opening the driver's door. She flings herself down into the sit and places her bag next to her. As she enters the key into the ignition, the normal revving sound is switched for silence. The car isn't going to start.

"C'mon, don't do this to me today!!" Jenna moaned at her dented Blue 2010 plate Mini. Turning the key over and over again to no avail. 'Shit' she thought, running her hands through her hair.

Jenna took out her phone and started sifting through her contacts, she knew she had to phone her dad and he wasn't going to be impressed by this. Almost midnight on a Friday night asking for him to come and help her wouldn't go down well. She got back out the car again, seeing that her phone had no signal inside the parking block and edged around the forecourt searching for signal.

Just as she was getting to the end of her tether the door opened and a man walked through the double doors heading towards her. He was quite tall with a mop of brown hair flopping on his head. He was wearing some ripped jeans and a white tee with a black jacket draped over him. She continued trying to make her call to her dad when he passed her to the range rover parked in the space next to hers. He smiled in her direction, which she reciprocated.

"Sorry, I don't want to impose but are you okay?" the boy asks Jenna.

"No, I'm not really could you help me?" she replies.

She looks up at him and smiles, feeling so thankful someone has turned up.

"What seems to be the problem then? What can I do to help?" he asks.

Jenna takes a deep breath and says "So, my car won't start... I have no signal on my phone to call my dad to come and help and I have no clue how to make it work on my own." The mixture of innocence and frustration in her voice makes the boy laugh.

"Okay! Right well you can borrow my phone if you'd like to call your dad from there" he says gesturing to the phone in his right hand "Or I can try, and jump start it with my car. Have you got any jump leads?"

Jenna pauses for a second and heads to her boot. She rummages inside and pulls out a black drawstring back with the word 'EMERGENCY' written on it. She opens it up as she approaches him and pulls out a set of jump leads.

"I apparently have jump leads!" Jenna exclaims.

"Right pop the bonnet and we will have this sorted in no time" he says whilst taking off his jacket and placing it inside his car.

Jenna pops the bonnet, and he goes to work attaching it all up and giving instructions on what to do next. In what seems like no time he has the car started and revving up like it was that easy.

"Right drive yourself straight home and try not to stop, not sure how much you have left in that battery! You definitely need to get that changed so that doesn't happen again" he says whilst slamming the bonnet down. "You don't know what creeps could have been hanging around this car park at this time of night, you're super lucky it was someone as lovely as me" he says whilst smirking.

Jenna looks out of the car door and catches how beautiful his eyes are, not really taking in how handsome her saviour was. Those sea-blue eyes gleam even in the fluorescent car park light.

"You honestly are my hero right now!!" she says beaming up at him. "I never got your name?"

"It's Dec, and you are very welcome..." Dec paused for her to say her name.

"Jenna" she smiled "I don't know how to repay you but if you ever find yourself in Lucinda's" she gestures to the logo on her shirt "I will make sure you have extra doughballs!" she laughs as she says it.

"Ah, you've found the way to my heart" Dec replies, getting into his car.

"Night and thank you so much again!" Jenna says out of her window as she drives off.

"Night" replies Dec now Jenna is out of earshot.