Chapter 6

It was Monday Night and as the familiar Range Rover pulled up in front of her house. She took one last look in the mirror, the skinny, ripped black jeans and low-cut shirt was definitely the right outfit choice. She quickly put on her heels, grabbed her bag and headed outside.

Dec was waiting outside of the car, holding the door open for her, such a gentleman, she thought.

"Hi" she managed to muster as she got close to him.

"Hello, you look incredible" said Dec with a smile upon his face.

Jenna couldn't help but blush as she took her place upon the leather seat as the door shut by the side of her. The new car smell, mixed with Dec's aftershave swam around the car, as Dec opened his door and got in. The music was playing as they drove past all the glistening lights, small talk falling from there lips.

"How was the match?" Jenna says, although she knew the answer, it was probably the first match she has properly ever watched yesterday. She wanted to get a proper look at the boy she was going on a date with, what he did, how he played, she wanted to show an interest. And from those 90mins, watching him run around, running hands through his hair, profanities coming out of his mouth, that smile she remembers from the first night, it only made her more attracted to him.

"Yeah, it was good" Dec said "it was the win we needed! Just got to look ahead to next week and hope we keep performing this well to finish higher up in the table"

Dec turns to Jenna and smiles, she is sat there just smiling at him, listening intently to what he says.

Dec laughs "Sorry, I went all 'football interview' on you there"

"No honestly its fine" Jenna laughs "Hearing you talk so passionately about it, its really lovely, like you seem to love what you do, and I think it shows when you play"

A smirk appears on Dec's lips "Did you watch the match yesterday then?" he smiles.

Jenna laughs, she has been caught out "Yeah I did" she says quietly, before laughing again "I wanted to see what all the hype about you as a footballer was about, and I have to say I wasn't disappointed"

Dec bursts out laughing "Thank you for the glowing review" he winks at her as they stop at a red light. Dec's hand on the gear stick, inches away from her hand placed on her thigh.

"You are so welcome" she smiles back at him, edging her little finger closer so it brushes against his hand. He lets go of the gear stick for a second, squeezes her hand, before putting the car in gear and driving off.

The warmth that had just surrounded her hand was now gone and Jenna already craved his touch again. As she was thinking all this, she felt his hand take hers and they drove the remaining way holding hands and sharing stories.