Chapter 9

The roar of the crowd when Dec walked on the pitch sent the butterflies in Jenna's stomach flutter wildly.

Watching him dart up and down the pitch, commanding the team, tackling players, it was like he was a completely different person.

When the match ended with a 1-0 win to West Ham by a late Antonio goal you could see the elation upon Dec's face. He was walking around the stadium, cheering and clapping, the smile on his face was beaming. He looked towards Jenna's direction, scanning the crowd for her face and when he found it, his smile got even bigger, tapping his heart and then pointing towards her. She felt like her whole body just melted.

After the match Jenna walked out to the lobby and looked at her phone.

Dec

Meet me in the family lounge, it should be signposted if not phone me 😊 xxx

Jenna looked up to her left and then her right, she could see the sign saying 'Family Lounge' pointing ahead of her so she followed towards it. When she approached the door, she showed her pass and was let straight in.

Inside there were a mixture of families sat at tables, girlfriends, partners, gathered together chatting, some of the West Ham team moving between groups. Jenna felt completely and utterly out of her depth, and then she saw those piercing eyes from across the room, his face laughing at a joke made by Mark Noble, his hair flopping across his face.

Dec turned slightly and his eyes laid on her, the shy smile upon her face, like the first night they met, her West Ham top, that Dec had sorted out for her, sat loosely over her body as she looked at him.

Jenna made her way towards him, as he waved in her direction.

"Hey" Jenna said as Dec wrapped his arms around her.

"Hey you" Dec said against her neck, as they break away from there hug Jenna is faced with Jarrod Bowen and Mark Noble stood close to her.

Before Dec can say anything Noble speaks.

"You must be the famous Jenna, we have heard so much about you" Dec turns slightly red as the words leave Mark's mouth.

"Oh really" Jenna turns towards Dec, smirking at him "So you've been talking about me then?"

"Haven't been able to shut him up" says Jarrod "Honestly he's been buzzing about you coming to see him today"

Dec runs a hand through his hair, with a smirk upon his face, he laughs "Alright, alright, so I may have mentioned you" he says wrapping an arm around Jenna, pulling her into him.

"Yep ever since he was the hero in the carpark as he calls himself! How many dates have you two been on now then?" says Noble.

"Well I mean we've had one proper date and now today" Dec says.

Jenna cuts in "However we did have the carpark night, and then he stalked me at my work place" the boys all laugh "and then the other night, plus the endless facetime calls" Jenna rolls her eyes, causing Dec to laugh "And yeah now today"

"So yeah we aren't really basing this on dates! Feel like I've known her forever" Dec says, smiling down at Jenna.

More conversations happen, more intimate moments where Dec takes the opportunity to hold Jenna's hand or put a protective arm around her shoulders, more times that Jenna touches Dec's arm when he says something funny, or runs her fingers across his waist to grip him next to her.

The decide to make a move and head towards Dec's car. Jenna feels so natural being around Dec now, It really is like they have always known each other.

When they pull up outside Dec's house its an unusual feeling, having seen the inside of this house over Facetime's all week its now surreal being here. Dec orders some food and she lounges on his sofa while he goes and gets changed.

When Dec reappears he is in a black shirt and some black shorts, he heads to the door to get the pizza they ordered. They sit in his living room, eating copious amounts of Pizza, chatting, just being them.

After dinner, Jenna looks at her phone and see's how late it is, the time has just flown away with them being together.

"Do you want me to drive you home now?" Dec says, leaning on one arm, looking at her.

"I can always get an Uber" Jenna says smiling at him

"No way am I letting you do that" he says grinning again

"Okay well maybe after this last episode?" she says pointing towards the TV.

"Deal" he smiles.

Jenna turns back towards the TV as Dec takes out the now empty food wrappers. When he returns he sits back on the sofa, now closer to Jenna his arm loosely draping over her shoulders. She feels his fingers tracing circles upon her shoulder as she edges her body closer to his, until she feels his warm chest against her shoulder. He lowers his head down and kisses her forehead, before looking back at the TV, her hand laying on his leg, he reaches down and holds her hand. This feels so normal.

As the program draws to a close, Jenna looks up at Dec and she can see the TV reflecting in his eyes. He looks down to her and smiles, his lips then find there way to hers and they kiss. More passionate than any before. Jenna turns so her body is now facing his and his tongue enters her mouth. His hand wraps around her back and his other hand holds onto her face, her hand still on his lap while the other touches his face, his neck, his hair.

Jenna feels her mind going foggy, her body feeling this desire that she hasn't felt for a long time. She wants him.

Dec feels electricity surging through his body, his mind feeling an urgency of wanting to feel her lips more upon his, to feel her body in his arms. He wants her.

When they break away from their kiss, Jenna looks down to Dec and goes to speak but before she can say anything Dec speaks

"Stay the night?"

"I was going to ask the same thing..."