Chapter 8

A week had almost past since Dec and Jenna's first date. They had facetimed during the week, seeing each other felt normal now, and kept in touch with messages as well. However with Dec's schedule he had been busy with training ahead of the big London Derby today.

Normally girls would start losing interest in Dec by now, when he couldn't take them out and wine and dine them every night, but Jenna was different. She didn't seem to care that he couldn't spend every waking day messaging her, or seeing her, she understood and it was so refreshing.

When he asked her on the phone 2 nights ago about coming to watch him play he had been nervous, he had only ever brought Lauren to see him play. The other girls he had 'seen' since then, didn't have an interest in the football, just the footballer lifestyle.

-----------------------

"I'd love to come, thank you for asking me" said Jenna on facetime.

"Are you sure? You don't have to if you have other plans. I know you aren't the biggest football fan" Dec said winking at her.

"Oh shut up you, just because I admitted that I didn't know a lot isn't a bad thing! You couldn't name all the Kardashian kids and to me that's shocking but you don't see me bringing that up every 5 minutes" Jenna laughed down the phone, causing Dec to burst into laughter.

"Okay fair, we both have different interests" he smiled at her.

"Besides, I've been learning this week!" she smiled at him, proud of herself "I've watched some old matches, and after your very in-depth lesson on the offside rule the other day, I think I have caught up"

Dec starts laughing "it isn't like a boxset babe, you don't need to watch all the seasons to be clued up on what's happening"

Jenna starts laughing and covers her mouth, Dec is the only person in the world who makes her feel like this, he makes her laugh uncontrollable and makes her feel like herself for once. Its like they have known each other for years, not a couple of weeks.

"Okay okay" Jenna says "Honestly I am looking forward to it" 

"I'm really pleased babe, I cant wait to see you, was thinking we could head back to mine afterwards and get some dinner in?" Dec says, which makes Jenna smile "I just might not be up for a swanky dinner somewhere"

Dec thinks to himself that maybe it won't be enough for her, maybe she doesn't just want someone who prefers sitting at home than going out, likes being in there sweats and eating Pizza in front of the tv while watching another series on Netflix, whose idea of a perfect day is just being away from world, away from people staring at them.

"That sounds like the perfect day" says Jenna smiling at him. "I didn't want to say anything as I had a really lovely time on Monday night, don't get me wrong, but I'm more of a takeaway on your lap, lounging about kind of girl, than a dressed up, snooty posh restaurant girl"

Jenna looks away from the phone for a second, thinking maybe she shouldn't have said anything, maybe that's not the type of girl Dec wants.

"Honestly, we are so similar it scares me sometimes" Dec says laughing "I'd much prefer that too"

--------------------

Jenna had arrived at the London Stadium with her VIP lanyard in her pocket. She looked up and could see his face plastered all over the surroundings, things were finally getting real, the magnitude of who she has been speaking to. And a part of her thinks maybe she should run, this life is not for her. But then she thinks of the man she met, the time's they have already shared with each other and realises that its not about the Dec everyone else see's, its all about the Dec she see's and for him, she would put herself out of her comfort zone.