Part Twelve

⋆⁺₊⋆ ☾ ⋆⁺₊⋆

Days had passed with the weather only growing colder. I continued to go onto as many hunts as I could in a day to fill the pile. I would even hunt at night, though I couldn't help but notice that Cinderstorm & Loststorm had both been down since Nightrose had vanished from the clan. I could understand why they were upset. They were close with her after all, yet I could not help but continue to wonder if Nightrose had left to be with her exiled Mother. 'Moonstep says she wouldn't do that, but.. it only makes sense to me.' I thought while hunting with Cinderstorm, Spottedwhisker, Rainslip, & Redpounce. The red furred molly had finally earner her warrior name. I was sure her Mother was proud, Foxleap, though It had sure taken her long enough to finally become a Warrior.

She had been glaring to my direction every so often as we marched through the snow. I recall being real annoyed & I would simply narrow my lids toward her too. 'Keep making that face. I don't care. You will be exposed soon. You & the others.' I huffed through my nostrils, though Cinderstorm's voice would catch my attention from up ahead.

"The scent of rabbit is close. Keep your senses sharp." He meowed over to the rest of us before padding ahead a little more. The large Warrior had moved into a hunting position with his green glimmering orbs shinning ahead. 

We were nearing the border between Windclan & Thunderclan now. My Whiskers were twitching as we walked & I had given a firm nod to Cinderstorm while padding beside him into the open lands.

"I hear rabbit are quick." Redpounce meowed over to me with a cocky smirk. "You think you could catch one?" She waved her red bushy-tail.

Cinderstorm would then flash his fangs slightly to Redpounce, clear irritation showing in his features. "Keep it down." He huffed toward the red shecat & Redpounce would only roll her optics.

Spottedwhisker had then signaled the rest of us with her long tail swaying, then the spotted Deputy would arrive into a slow stop into her strides as she analyzed the bark of a tree. The bark had deep scratches into it, which clearly made the Deputy uneasy.

"Hhhrmmm." The Deputy sniffed the tree, tail-tip twitching as Rainstep had moved up beside her to investigate as well. Cinderstorm appeared distant from the patrol, he most likely had Nightrose onto his mind, yet when he saw the markings onto the tree, the broad Warrior would angle back his pointy ears.

"An Outsider?" Cinderstorm meowed deeply as snow sprinkled onto his pelt. 

I twitched my ears at the mention of an outsider, my tail lashing back & forth, then I hurried over next to Cinderstorm to get a better look myself. Redpounce was onto the other side of Cinderstorm now, a rather flat look onto her face.

"Yes." Spottedwhisker grumbled, whiskers rocking as she was in though, then she had looked to each of us with her expression turning determined. "The scent is of multiple, though. Whoever left this mark, had blood on their claws. They must have killed recently. I don't recognize any of the scents to be Shadowclan, but we should investigate the area! We split up & do a thorough search! Report anything unusual right away. Be sure to mark up this border before leaving." Spottedwhisker would then stride off with Rainslip next to her & Cinderstorm gazed to my direction before turning to Redpounce.

"Well, change of plans, I guess. You heard her. Let's get going." He nodded firmly & moved forward to do as the Deputy had asked. 

"Right. I am going to search a bit this way." I meowed over to Cinderstorm. 

He slowly looked over to me, green-eyes aimed over his bulky shoulder, then he nodded again before giving a soft smirk that appeared... defeated? I could not completely tell at the time. I knew he was upset that Nightrose was gone, but I didn't understand why he cared so much too.