Part Four

☪ 

Mother appeared thrilled for our walk together. I was as well, but Mother had informed that we would not be leaving until the patrol ahead of us did. A large patrol was heading out to investigate both of the borders, more specifically- they were searching onto the River-border for any peculiar sightings or scents.

The brown-tabby Deputy known as, Feathersong- was leading out the large lot of cats. Her head turns towards the crowd of strong Warriors, her voice loud & yet somehow gentle as she called out.

"Warriors! Keep your senses sharp as we move onto each border. Anything out of the ordinary is to be reported!" Her feather tail waved behind her, high & proud.

I watched the many grown-cats with awe into my green-eyes. Mother stood proud beside me with a rather serious expression onto her face, though a proud glimmer was detected into her orbs.

Father was part of the large patrol, as was Ravenheart, Skunknose & Rainslip, Honeykit's Dad. They all looked prepared, determined, brave, & I was excited to become an Apprentice one day by just looking at them. Excited to become a Warrior!

As Mother & I looked onto the patrol lead by the strong Deputy, I wondered once again- as I had previously – as to what sort of Warrior I would be one day. Father looked so strong while Ravenheart appeared to be very prepared. Rainslip had a shine of boldness into his glowing-orbs.

It was now dusk, the sun was coming to a full set & I looked to the many glowing eyes that were around me. As I peered around, I took notice to Cinderpaw by the killpile- his vision was held straight onto his Father.

Cinderpaw had two others standing next to him, I remember tilting my head in confusion as to who they were, and my eyelids squinted while pondering. 'oh-wait. I think that I recognize the spotted-one.' I had decided as I watched them speak with Cinderpaw, my Mothers tail moving to curl around my little body.

'Okay, yeah. I've seen him playing with Leafkit before. What's his name again? Lonekit? No- no. That's not it. Longkit! Nahhh- that's not it either. Blehk, I can't remember.' My ears wiggled as I pulled at my thoughts. 'uhh-hmmm.'

The patrol started to leave, my orbs flicked to watch them, but I ultimately kept looking back to Cinderpaw & the two others. The dark spotted-one I was sure to be a kit, though he was definitely older than me. The other who stood beside Cinderpaw was perhaps an Apprentice; I wasn't sure because I had never really seen her before.

I felt my Mothers tail tighten ever slightly around me as I looked on & I take notice to the unfamiliar kits blueish-green eyes. They stood out against her black-fur & my eyes gave a hard blink into her direction when I saw Cinderpaw say something & she raised her paw to give him a swat over the head.

I felt my eyes narrow, tail-tip twitched, though the swat truly was not a hard one- something about it still annoyed me.

"Ravenkit, are you ready to go?" My Mother asked into a flattened yet sweet tone. I looked up to her sharp featured face & glowing sunlike-eyes. Quickly nodded to her with an awkward smile & mewed a question.

"Mama, Is it safe for us to leave so late?"

"It is, Love. Do not worry yourself."

I looked back to Cinderpaw & the other two; it appeared that they were heading into a different direction now. 'Hmm. I wonder what their names are. Jeez- that's going to bug me what the spotted-ones name is. Lowkit? Noooo. Little did I know at the time that the spotted-kit was in fact the Deputy's son.