21. Slytherin, Slytherin, Slytherin

●●●

●●●

Saturday morning approached and the Slytherin common room was bustling with life. Slytherins gathered around, with house pride, to cheer on the Slytherin quidditch team for the first match of the season.

Amelia woke up to the loud voices of her dormmates getting ready. she closed her eyes in an attempt to block out their voices, but it proved unsuccessful when Pany's irritating voice complaining about the muggy weather woke her once again. She sat up on her bed and rubbed the sleep from her eyes. Daphne was the first to notice Amelia waking up. She discreetly nudged Millicent who sat beside her and used her head to point out Amelia.

Rolling her eyes, Millicent wrapped her scarf around her neck and nudged Pansy. 

" We should get going. The match will start soon."

Amelia looked at her desk, and though nothing interesting was on it, she did flip open to a random page of a book she was reading to avoid any interactions with her dormmates.  It was still early in the morning, the little sunlight that reflected through the great lake shined through the window creating a light green hue in the room, and the Weasley craved breakfast. 

And unlike the other Slytherins, she had no desire on attending the first game of the season. She assumed Slytherin will be defeated once again by Gryffindor, especially now that Draco Malfoy was on the team. They are granted to lose.  

The door slamming shut snapped the Weasley from her thoughts. With a sigh, she moved from her bed and got ready. She mentally thanked Dumbledore for hiring an incompetent teacher that didn't really hand out homework and acted out scenes from his lame book instead. It allowed her to focus more on other subjects and figure out what she wrote as notes for the history of magic. 

Grabbing her book bag, she stuffed all her books and quills (and her wand) then headed out to the Great Hall for a quick breakfast.  Once she sat down, she noticed every Slytherin was decorated in green as they wore the house crest proudly. Taking some French toast, she quickly ate it and then made her way to the library. She knew that Aries would attend the game with his friends and her two Hufflepuffs went in support of the Gryffindor team. 

Why anyone would want to sit in the cold for a dumb match is beyond me Amelia thought as she entered the warm atmosphere of the Hogwarts library. Few students littered the room as the majority seemed to be attending the match. The Slytherin found a table a little far away from everyone. Settling down she dedicated her mind to her assignments not once breaking focus of the work in front of her until she heard two chairs across from her move.

Looking up she caught the gleaming looks of Justin and Ernie as they wore scarlet red and gold.

" Let me guess...Slytherin lost?" Amelia guessed. Her tone was unamused as she knew it from the start. The Slytherin team is so predictable

" You won't believe what happened on the field!" Justin exclaimed as he explained to Amelia about the rouge Bludger that kept going after Potter, " Justin and I spoke to Lee Jordan, and we think it was tampered with."