6. Halloween feast

°°°

°°°

On the morning of Halloween, the smell of pumpkins and baked apple goods reached the nose of every Hogwarts student.

Amelia woke up that day with a headache, probably because she cried herself to sleep, and pulled herself out of bed to get ready for classes.

She stuffed her face with pumpkin pastries and glanced around the Great Hall. She noticed how Draco received a box of sweets as well as other Slytherins.

In her charms class, Professor Flitwick announced the first charm of the year. He had students pair up and Amelia had once again been paired with Draco Malfoy.

"Now, don't forget that nice wrist movement we've been practicing!" Flitwick squealed as he stood on his pile of books. "Swish and flick, remember, swish and flick. And saying the magic words properly is very important, too — never forget Wizard Baruffio, who said 's' instead of 'f' and found himself on the floor with a buffalo on his chest."

Amelia lifted her wand and pointed it at the white feather in front of her. She swish and flicked her wand as she chanted the spell:

"Wingardium Leviosa."

The spell didn't work immediately but after a few failed attempts the feather in front of her lifted into the air. A small smile of pride appeared on her lips as she let the feather fly in the air.

" Good. Very good Mrs. Weasley" Flitwick praised as he noticed Amelia's successful charm.

Amelia smiled then looked beside her toward Draco and noticed his horrible wand technique as he was being too harsh with his flick.

" What are you doing?" Amelia asked Draco with a raised eyebrow.

" Are you blind?" Draco spat. He glared at Amelia who had her arms crossed.

" No. But apparently, you must be an idiot for disregarding Flitwicks instructions. " Amelia said in a matter-of-factly tone.

" Just because you cast the spell once doesn't mean you've mastered it." Draco sneered at her.

Amelia rolled her eyes and pointed her wand at the feather once again. She chanted the spell and once again the feather soared upward and made it fly over Draco's head.

" Shove off. " Draco glared. He returned to practicing the spell and still hadn't cast it correctly.

He glanced over at Amelia as she read the charms book. He sighed and turned his attention toward her.

" Fine. What did I do wrong, then?" Draco asked.

Amelia smirked at him as she picked up her wand and demonstrated the right wand flick technique. Draco copied her movement and once again chanted the spell. The feather in front of him began to lift from its spot and fly higher.