39. Weasley is our queen

●●●

●●●

The rain slashed into the earth like heavy swords. But that didn't stop the Hogwarts students and teachers from filling the stands. It seemed the whole school came out, according to flint, the first match of the season always has the biggest audience. Amelia made her way down to the locker rooms where the rest of the Slytherin team resided. Wordlessly wondering in where an impatient Flint waited along the other Slytherins.

" What took you so long?"

" Heavy rain. Couldn't see."

Flint grunted in annoyance but pushed the girl toward the rest of the team to commence his speech. A second pep-talk of sorts after the abysmal performance of last year's season. That not even the shiny new brooms were able to help.

" We have to beat the Gryffindor team. It has gone on long enough with their wins, especially since that Potter join." Flint expressed, voice drenched in envy, " Weasley, we expect a lot from you."

Amelia stared at him, wide-eyed, but nodded. Her shoulders felt heavy and her heart beat a little faster against her chest. As they walked out toward the field she could hear the rain splattering on the ground. The winds roared, covering up any chattering or cheering that was coming from the crowd, whose colors overwhelmed her. The burst of red and gold was seen in almost every section alongside lion heads. The Slytherins had their coroner. The entire house was decked in green and silver in support.

The Gryffindors approached them from the other side of the field, wearing their Scarlette red robes. The captains walked to each other and, reluctantly, shook hands. Flint gave Oliver Wood a menacing glare and Wood looked like he had lockjaw and simply nodded. In a glance, Amelia held eye contact with her brother, Fred, who gave her the most mischievous smile she had ever seen. She heard the faint instruction of Madam Hooch's to mount their broom. Amelia looked down and lifted her right leg from the mud and swung it over her broom, an extra firebolt that the team had thanks to Lucious Malfoy. Madam Hooch then put her whistle to her lips and gave it a blast that sounded shrill and distant — they were off.

Amelia rose fast, stumbling a little as her broom began to shift around due to the winds. She gripped the handles tightly to steady herself. When she regained her balance, her attention returned to the field in search of the golden snitch. With only ten minutes into the game, Amelia's clothes were glued to her skin, and her exposed skin felt frozen in ice. Her eyes blinked away the raindrops but even then she still had trouble seeing her teammates, let alone the tiny snitch. She flew back and forth across the field, passing flashes of red and green. Her eyes analyzed the ground, the sky, and around the stands for even a glimpse of gold. But nothing yet. 

Three times Amelia came close to being beheaded by a Buldger, each time she could have sworn she heard the menacing laughs that belonged to Fred and George along with flashes of red robes. But the commentary was drowned out by the sound of the rain that she could not be sure. She didn't even know what was happening in the game. The one thing she hoped was that they were in the lead.