Chapter 2: Maybe she not that bad?

Jahoon: So.... Where are we going?

We have been walking for a while in silence. I began speaking first to ease away the awkwardness but Zeze didn't even talk back and just continue walking forward. I pouted and just followed her right behind when she suddenly spoke.

Zeze: We are going to Dystopia. It is a place for thieves like us to meet and share or buy stuff. Like an underground market just for thieves.

Zeze walked for a bit before turning to the right of an alley and stopped just in front of a sewer cover.

Zeze: We have to go down this sewer before we get to Dystopia.

Jahoon: We have to go down a sewer?! Then why did you make me dress like this?! I should have brought plastic bags to cover myself if I have known this.

While my mind was breaking down and I ran my hand through my hair, Zeze have been bending down and pulling the sewer cover off in the meanwhile. She stood back up and dusted her hands off.

Zeze: You will just be carrying on too much weight if you did it, also you won't even be needing it because there is no water down here in this part of the sewer.

Zeze then began moving her way down the ladder of the sewer. I watched her as I breathed out a heavy sigh. I turned to left and right, glancing if anyone was watching.

Jahoon: Well... here goes nothing.

I took a deep breath in and held my breath before making my own way down the ladder. I made my way down to the end of the ladder and looked for Zeze.

Zeze: I'm right here.

I turned around to see her appear from the dark. She reached out for a switch and suddenly the sewer was well-lighted.

Zeze: Come on. This way.

She then began walking away from me, making me run a little bit to catch up to her.

Jahoon: So... Do I need to do something when we get there?

Zeze: First of all you become quiet. I like you more that way. You should ignore everyone who is trying to talk to you by acting like you can't speak or hear what they say.

Jahoon: But why?

Zeze: Just follow what I say and trust me you don't want to know it but unluckily you will find out yourself when we get there.

I glanced over at Zeze with a worried look. Even though I hadn't known Zeze for a long time, something about the way she said it made me believe her. I took a deep breath and breathed out slowly to try and calm myself down. We then turned around a corner and suddenly we were in a crowded space with people buzzing around. People were constantly passing by me as we walked further into the crowd. I looked around amazed by all the stuff that was there and stretched my neck to see better. I turned around to ask Zeze about something that I have just seen but noticed that she wasn't beside me anymore. I was about to yell her name when suddenly a big man appeared in front of me. He took a step toward me with a weird creepy smile on his face as I slowly backed away from him.

???: It is my first time seeing you here. Seems like you are new because I will definitely recognize a beautiful face like yours.

He reached his hand out to touch my face but I slapped his hand away before he could even touch me.

Jahoon: Don't touch me.

???: Oh~ Such a feisty little one. I like that. Why don't you come with me home or-

Zeze: Or what?

I felt someone wrapping their arm around my waist. I was about to slap their arm away and punch them when I noticed that it was Zeze. Even though she was small compared to the man in front of us, something about her still made me comfortable and I wasn't worried.

???: Look who we have here. Isn't it the little Zeze who isn't doing anything that playing in her room all alone?

Zeze: Very funny but you know that I can end you easily if I want to. You won't be available to see the sun again if you ever irritate me enough. Now get away from us.

Zeze pulled me with her and initially bumped her shoulder into him. When we were about a few meters away from him, Zeze leaned in to whisper into my ear.

Zeze: I told you that you should stay close to me.

Jahoon: But-

Zeze: No but. Now keep quiet and stay by my side the whole time.

I quickly shut my mouth as fast as I opened it. I bent my head down as I was embarrassed with myself. Zeze pulled me even closer to her, making me lift my head to look at her but she was just staring in front of her.

Zeze: Don't hang with your head like that. It makes me feel like I have done something.

She turned to look at me and smiled slightly at me before turning back to her blank expression and turning back to face forward. I kept staring at her side profile and felt myself smiling. Even though she doesn't really interact with me or is friendly with me as Puppy is, she is differently different from her image. She is a perfect example of not judging a book by its cover which is a mistake I make too often.

____________________________________________________________________________

Hello my beautiful readers

I want to say thank you to everyone that is reading my story and I really appreciate the support I'm getting. I have opened a Patreon for whoever wants to support me. It will help me a lot as it will help me get more time to write more and better stories for you beautiful guys. 

If anyone wants to support me, you can do it through this link here:

https://www.patreon.com/user?u=71862817