Chapter 3: Oops! My fault!

I woke up to the sound of someone clicking away on the keyboard. I rubbed my eyes and stretched my body before looking around the room to see Zeze sitting at her desk. I sat up in the bed and was about to ask her what she was doing.

Zeze: Good thing that you are awake. I need your phone right now.

Jahoon: Okay.... And good morning to you too.

I grabbed my phone from the table beside her bed and walked over to her, giving her my phone. Zeze grabbed my phone and without saying anything she began destroying it against her table. I looked at her with my mouth wide open flabbergasted.

Jahoon: Why did you just do that?! My precious phone!

Zeze: Modern phones make it easier for people to hack into your phone and track you and we can't have that. We have been laying low for many years and have been doing everything to erase the trace of us, so people can't find us. Except for the times when we go into a robbery, where we leave our trademark card, so people can know that we had been there. If you really need a phone then take this.

She opened one of the drawers on her desk and grabbed a phone before throwing it at me. I quickly grabbed it, scared to drop it on the floor but I quickly realized that I would be more sorry for the floor because of the weight of the phone.

Zeze: It is a burner phone.

Jahoon: A burner phone?

Zeze: Have you been living on a rock? A burner phone is a phone with a sim and number that can easily be destroyed when needed to. It would be hard to track you when you are using the phone and it would be a lot easier for us to wipe away the trace.

Puppy: Hey Hyewon unnie! I need help with something!

The door to the room opened, revealing Puppy entering the room with a bowl in one hand and a spoon in the other. Both Zeze and I turned at the same time to look at her. Puppy looked at Zeze before widening her eyes, realizing her mistake.

Puppy: Shit! I forgot Jahoon unnie was staying in your room! You didn't hear anything Jahoon unnie. You didn't hear anything.

Puppy slowly backed towards the door while moving her right hand in circles, trying to hypnotize me and of course to no use. She quickly got out of the room and closed the door after her. I turned to look at Zeze, who was sighing hard and rubbed her face with her hands.

Jahoon: So.... Your name is Hyewon? Not Zeze.

Zeze: Wait here for a moment. I will be back.

Zeze got up from her seat and walked out of the room, closing the door behind her. I tilted my head in confusion. I sat down on the bead and examined the burner phone while waiting for Zeze to come back. A moment passed by and I think that I have finally found out how to use the phone. The door opened, making me look up to see Zeze walking inside the room. She sat back down on the chair at the desk with a huff.

Jahoon: So I guess your real name is Hyewon and not Zeze.

Hyewon: *Mumble* If she just had kept her mouth to herself... *sigh* yes, my real name is Hyewon but in this industry, it wouldn't be safe for you to go with your real name, so everyone in this gang has a cover name to protect themselves and the people that they may have left behind.

Jahoon: So if your real name is Hyewon, then what is puppy's real name?

Hyewon: That is Yujin.

Jahoon: I want a cover name too! After all, I may become a part of your group in the future!

Hyewon: Don't be so sure of yourself yet but whatever suits you.

Jahoon: My cover name is going to be Wolf. I'm going to be as fearful as one.

I acted like a wolf with my hands as the paws. Suddenly I could hear Hyewon snicker, making me turn to look at her.

Jahoon: Excuse me?

Hyewon: I'm sorry but you look too cute to become a fearful wolf.

Hyewon turned to face her desk again and did the stuff that she was working on before. I could feel my cheeks heat up at her words. I think I could get used to hearing more compliments from her.

Hyewon: Jahoon. Can you hear me well?

Jahoon: All clear.

I was currently standing in an alley together with Yujin and Chaeyeon, as they were to help get used to getting into buildings and stealing stuff without getting noticed. Yujin was going to be the one, who helped me get inside and steal while Chaeyeon was on standby to be our get-away in case anything happens. Hyewon had been getting me a pair of in-ear monitors, so I could hear everything that was said back home.

Hyewon: Just listen to Yujin and everything will be going fine. I will make sure to disconnect the alarms when you get to it.

Jahoon: Alright... I think...

Yujin: Don't worry unnie. This will be a piece of cake.

Yujin and I climbed up the ladder to the rooftop, where there was a vent. Yujin opened it and tied a rope fast to a pole nearby before wrapping it around both of us and lifting us down to the ground underneath us.

Yujin: Zeze unnie.

Hyewon: On it... and the alarm is off. You guys have exactly 5 minutes before the alarms go back on.

Yujin: Plenty of times. Alright, Wolf unnie. Just grab anything that you want and let's get out afterward.

I nodded and quickly walked around the shop. It was filled with pieces of jewelry of all kinds and they were all so expensive that if I were to buy them, it would take me 100 lives to even be available. I grabbed everything pretty that I could and got back to Yujin, who was waiting for me in the center of the shop. She wrapped the rope back around me and lifted us back in the air and onto the rooftop.

Yujin: Oops! Must not forget! Our signature card.

Yujin pulled out a card with the team's logo on it and threw it down the vent before closing it. We climbed back down the ladder and hopped into the car before driving back home. The other invited us all back in with open arms.

Wonyoung: How was it Jahoon unnie? Your first robbery.

Jahoon: I must admit that at first I was worried but now after trying it.... I have kind of gotten a kick out of it.

The girls took the pieces of jewelry that we have gotten to the table in the leaving room, leaving Hyewon and me standing at the entrance.

Hyewon: You did a great job today.

Hyewon patted me on my head before walking over to join the rest of the girls. I could feel my cheeks heat up again. She is really tsundere.