6 - the outsiders

^^^^^^

^^^^^^

" WHO DIED NEXT? "

alexa, play LITTLE LION MAN by mumford and sons

^^^^^^

"You think I fuckin' did it?!" I was still angry, sitting in Judy's office with my legs crossed and hands clutching the armrests of this stupidly uncomfortable chair.

"You got into an altercation with Vince before you were all kicked out of the bar, Tatum." The blonde officer explained. "I'm not saying that you killed him-"

"But you're looking at me like I'm a fuckin' suspect. I have an alibi. I just can't believe you're wasting your time on me-"

"What's wrong, Tatum?" Her demeanor changed, and she sat down behind her desk with her hands clasped. I was still plentiful of negative emotions.

"The only reason my Dad's here is because you want his help, I'm not stupid." I shot her a glare, but refused to make eye contact with Wes's mother.

I had to keep that in mind so I wouldn't completely flip out on her and then create tension between myself and Wes, and who would want that? It was a loaded question, the answer was nobody at all. Ever. Never in a million years would anybody in my life want angry tension between Wes and myself. My arms became crossed as the sheriff took a deep breath.

"I need your dad's help, you need to understand that. He is the only person who can help me figure out who this killer is-"

"No, he's not," I laughed out of anger, "Sidney Prescott. Gale Weathers. Martha Meeks-Martin. Mark Kincaid. All of them can help you, but you're picking my father out of all of them because you used to have the hots for him. Or you still do, and instead of being a normal fuckin' human being, you wait until a murderer comes back to make your fuckin' move."

I might have crossed the line, I usually never say anything like that. I never lash out like that, I leave that to the rest of my friend group. Not me. The Gale was coming out again, and I needed to put it back in its cage, and I intend to do so...after this interrogation.

"That is no way to talk to your Sheriff, young lady-" Judy rose out from behind her desk, so I rose out of my chair. "Do not use that tone with me."

"What are you, my mother?" I scoffed, and I had never seen a more disgusted expression on somebody's face. It almost made me giggle.

She looked angry now. Two could play that fucking game.

"I didn't kill Vince Schnieder, even though I wanted to. If I had killed him, I wouldn't have done it in a fuckin' Ghostface mask. Go ask Chad. Go ask Amber. Go ask your son. Leave my father out of this. Look into somebody worth your while, like Sam." I couldn't believe my own words.