16 - the end (part one)

^^^^^^

^^^^^^

" FUCKING HAND SANITIZER?! "

alexa, play COME OVER (AGAIN) by crawlers
(towards the end, please play fourth of july by sufjan stevens. i will tell you when to begin playing said song)

^^^^^^

"God damnit!" Richie's voice was filled with undeniable frustration as Sidney fell to the ground with one hand on her fresh stab wound. Brielle, Sam, and I all went to help Sidney, and I noted that Gale was falling out of her chair. Under any other circumstances I would've laughed about that, but instead I felt a genuine pang of pity. I considered that to be my character development.

"Woah woah woah!" Richie was talking too much. "Hey, sit the fuck down! Get back!"

The only reason I listened to the son of a bitch was because of the gun that he obviously was not afraid to use. Slowly, all three of us backed up to our original positions spread along the counter. It gave me an immense amount of anxiety to not be able to help right now, but I needed to wait. My time would come, but if it didn't come soon, I would have to become an instigator of sorts.

"I am so sorry, Sidney." Richie said with a complete lack of empathy in his voice. "We can't let you live either. I mean, surviving this many times? It would just be ridiculous. This time the fans are gonna be the ones who win." A beat. "That about cover it?"

"Nailed it, baby." Amber's reply almost made me throw up.

"Get Tara out of the closet," Richie demanded as he and Amber rose up to their full heights, "we gotta go start staging the bodies!"

Amber walked out of the kitchen, and I was taking deep, steady breaths-or trying to, at least. Gale said something to Sidney that went along the basic, paraphrased lines of 'don't fucking die', and Richie stupidly decided it would be a solid move to talk again.

"You really should've listened to Dewey!" He reprimanded the lot of us, and I pushed myself off the counter again. "He nailed it in one, dude, look at the love interest! Are you fucking stupid? I even had you convinced it could be your sister."

"Um, she's not here!" Amber's voice sounded muffled, and Richie's face showed instant panic.

"The fuck do you mean she's not here?" He called out, trying to keep his tough guy act on the surface.

"She's not here!" Amber shouted again after closing a door.

"I untied her." Sam finally spoke up, and I found it difficult yet doable to keep my jaw from dropping. "Guess you're not as persuasive as you thought."