7 - the rules to surviving a riley day

^^^^^^

^^^^^^

" I'M BILLY LOOMIS' DAUGHTER. "

alexa, play WHATEVER YOU WANT by whoever you want, because i can't think

^^^^^^

"Tater Tots, hey sweetie," Dad's voice was a whisper; I pulled my old teddy bear closer to my chest and tried to block it out, "you gotta wake up. C'mon, I made us breakfast."

"What time is it?" I mumbled my question and rose to a slouched sitting position, realizing quickly that he wouldn't leave unless I woke up. "If it's early, I'm gonna fall back asleep."

"It's nine-thirty-three." He pointed to the alarm clock on my bedside table, which read at the same time as he spoke. "I know you like sleeping in till ten on the weekends, but I figured since you and Wes have that date later on, you'd wanna be up early."

I smiled, almost crying at how thoughtful he was. Dad noticed every little thing, and he always tried to do his best to make my days good. He always makes sure I'm safe, and happy, and healthy, and on time, and every little thing is perfect. That's why I loved him so much-that is exactly why I loved him so much. I have no idea what type of person I'd be if I didn't have him as my father, and honestly, I don't ever want to find out who I'll be once he's gone. But he's not even 50 yet, I won't have to find out what I'll be like after his passing for a long while. Stick to the moment that you're living in right now, or else it'll be gone faster than Thanos can snap.

"Thank you," I nodded slowly. "I'll be there in a couple of minutes, think you can wait until then?"

"Sure, take all the time you need." He gave a soft kiss on the top of my forehead before walking out of my room, closing the glitter-ridden door behind him.

I laughed to myself at the memory of how my bedroom door became so glittery; I pulled on an off-the-shoulders white cropped shirt and the easiest-to-grab-pair of denim jeans. I grabbed the same hair brush that Laina had thrown at a daddy long-legs spider about two weeks ago during a sleepover, and whilst now feeling like bugs are crawling all over my body, I brushed through my knot-ridden hair. The glittery door caught my attention as the sun made it reflect into my mirror, which reflected into my eyes, which in turn blinded me. Brielle, Mindy, and Laina had tried to pull a prank in which they had a huge box full of glitter that was wrapped like a present; they would give the present to me and it would explode in my face. However, as I had been opening the gift standing up, it opened the wrong way, and projected itself straight onto my door. Good prank, terrible execution, too high of expectations for me.