[2]

Weeks had passed since I left the room the Wayne's let me stay in, Alfred would give me food which I sometimes ate but I usually refused to eat as a way to punish myself.

The TV in my room was constantly playing as I listened to hear them talk about me and my family, my father was soon going to be in court and my mother was to testify about her abuse but the media wondered and thought I would testify too.

Photos of the scene was displayed including my burnt ghost and the photos of my burnt hands and other photos from the past of my father's punishments, the media would interview people occasionally and the public often was sympathetic towards me and saying they hope I was more happy now that I was free.

I hated how people thought that because I was away from the abuse meant I would magically feel better, they always thought just because I was now in safe hands I felt safer and happier and it angered me.

Alfred knocked at the door and placed my food down on the bedside table but also put a ghost plush next to it and I waited until he left to snatch it, I quickly hugged the ghost tightly as tears streamed down my pale face.

Another week passed, I was leaving my room during the night to walk around and try to adjust to the house.

Another week passed and Bruce would often knock on my door and asked for me to come outside with him and his parents and I would sometimes agree, the media would sometimes manage to take photos of me with the Wayne's but it wasn't common.

I was now part of the Wayne family at this point as Martha treat me like my mother had, she was so caring like my mother too whilst I hesitant to react she smiled and let me adjust.

She seemed to know what I was going through and knew all of the things to do with comforting me, she knew when was and wasn't a good time and worked to adjust to me mostly so I felt as if I could trust her and it was so new and refreshing.

It made me happy.

Martha was so loving towards me and so was Bruce but Thomas was hesitant towards me and was kind but seemed unsure of how to act when I was around, Martha told me that we were going outside to the park and helped me change and brushed my hair and hummed a sweet melody as she did.

She hummed the Ava Maria harmony as she brushed my hair gently which reminded me of the choir boy who sang the song at the event, I hadn't seen him since but it reminded me of him and made me want to see him again but I heard Thomas planning on another event where the choir would be.

'The Renewal Project' he called it.

Martha had finished brushing my hair and she took my hand and walked me down the stairs where Bruce was dressed but Thomas wasn't there, we got into the car and Thomas joined us later on and Martha talked to him in a hushed tone whilst I looked out the car window.

It wasn't raining for once in Gotham which made me smile and Bruce watched me as I watched the people in Gotham whilst we drove past, I had interest in people's behaviours and wanted to do work like Gordon as I had learnt about the corruption of Gotham from the news but Gordon was clearly fighting against it.

Gordon's friend that didn't like me was called Harvey and was often annoyed and wanted to get things over with, the major crimes unit also often tried to take my case off Gordon and Harvey had tried to give it up but Gordon always stopped him.

Gordon knew that I wasn't going to be quick to trust new people, I was hesitant to trust him and he noticed how I still didn't trust him entirely too.

We arrived at the park and Martha took both mine and Bruce's hand as we walked over to a blanket that was laid on the floor with security not far away from it, they must of wanted to be sure that nothing could go wrong.