[11]

Riddler seemed to notice I had hurt myself from ripping the tape off my mouth as he turned to look at me causing my heart to stop for a second, the amount of fear that this man gave me was beyond words and I couldn't explain why.

Riddler stepped towards me and I turn my head to look at the wall and curl myself into a ball like a coward, I covered my face with my knees and felt my whole body start to shake which confused me as Riddler hadn't hurt me yet.

My reaction most likely was from my trauma as the things I had seen working as Ghost had caused some of the memories I managed to lose to come back like someone opened flood gates, I couldn't help but shake and cry and feel like I was was my mother when I was a child but instead of protecting a child I was trying to protect Gotham

Riddler stands there watching and waiting for me to look at him so I tried to push all of my fears aside, I move my head to face him as tears rolled down from my eyes.

"Let me show you something, I'll answer any questions after," Riddler speaks.

I look at him in the eyes but I couldn't see any ill intent in his eyes as he stretched his arm out for me to take his hand, he was offering to help me up and I hesitant for moment but he stood there patiently so I took his hand.

He helped me walk over to his computer and he switched it on and his computer fan started to spin loudly, it boots up and he opens a file on his laptop then opens a video.

He looks at me for a moment then takes a step back, he was letting me press play on it as if to say I had a choice.

I hesitant for a second before hovering my hand over the mousepad on the laptop as Riddler watches me, my body had froze out of fear of what could be on this video whilst I so desperately wanted to know what Riddler was showing me.

I take a deep breath and sigh, I pressed play quickly and moved my hand back to my side as soon as I did.

"My name is Thomas Wayne and I approve this message," The video started.

Hearing Thomas' voice again brought a feeling of comfort for some unknown reason but I knew it was because of all the things that had happened recently, so much had happened with little time give to Batman and I to recover from it as the city clawed to know more about Riddler. 

Trumpets started blasting in their high-pitch, the noise made me cringe slightly as I personally hated it.

"From a very young age, my family, Martha's family, the Arkhams and Williams instilled in all of us that giving back is not just an obligation. It's a passion. That is our families legacy," Thomas smiled.

It was when Thomas was running for mayor of Gotham and I remembered my father helping to fund it, it was ironic to see how much my father cared for those less fortunate when he would abuse my mother to feel a rush of power.

"The Waynes and the Arkhams. Gotham's founding families, but what is their real legacy?"

Photos of family photos of both families flashed on the screens but my family wasn't included, it was weird to think that my family was being excluded so far despite how corrupt my father was.

"Twenty years ago, one reporter set out to uncover a dark truth. He found shocking family secrets. How when Martha was just a child, her mother brutally murdered her father then committed suicide."

Photos of the crime scene were shown with the background being of lose pieces of paper but I felt my heart drop when he mentioned Martha and then her family, her kindness towards me and understanding was because she understood me and what I was going through.