[5]

I wake up in the morning and sit up, it felt weird to be in Gotham again but I quickly stretched then slid off my bed and changed into a suit for work.

Green and Black were often the colours I switched between when someone asked for my favourite colour which often confused me as the colours had conflicted meanings, green meant I sought after validation and acceptance for the things I do which was true but black meant I liked to have control over myself and the situations I was in which wasn't a lie either.

My blazer (or jacket for Americans) was black with my trousers and shoes whilst my tie was a dark green, I walk to my garage and sighed as I realised I shouldn't take the bike Ghost used to work as Gordon would most likely recognise it so I would buy a new one when I returned.

I took a taxi to work and when I stepped out I notice Edward walking over to me, Gordon was most likely waiting for me inside or had grabbed a case and ran out with Harvey to go do work so I decided I might as well talk to him.

I paid the taxi driver and gave him a tip then turned to see Edward with a coffee in his hand, his clear framed glasses steamed up on one of the lenses due to how he held the cups of coffee.

"I heard you were joining my team so I bought you a coffee whilst I got mine," Ed smiled.

I smiled and took one of the coffees out of his hand so his glasses lens wasn't steamed up anymore, he seemed so sweet.

"Thank you, do I know you? You look familiar," I ask.

I pretended to not know who he was in hopes that it didn't look like I was some creepy stalker especially with the murder of the Mayor, Ed seemed happy that I recognised him and nodded his head then took a sip of his coffee.

"I was the choir boy, you waved at me once as a kid but I never saw you again," Ed explains.

"That explains it," I smile.

Edward and I walk into the building and I notice sat at the desk and quickly turns to see Ed and I but his face soon turns sour, that mostly meant that Edward wasn't liked here and by the fact Gordon not being at his desk meant that he would most likely disapprove of the friendship.

I needed to break the bad habit of trying to get validation from other though so I shrugged it off and continued talking with Edward, we walk into filing room which was a mess and I noticed on a board that it was mine and Ed's job to sort it today.

We were to re-organise all the files and give any files to anyone with the correct permission on request, not the best thing to start with at a job but I knew I would have to have a starting point and couldn't just jump straight into action.

Besides, being in a room full of files that I would have to re-organise may help Ghost solve the case of the Mayor.

Edward and I started organising the files and an hour passed until Gordon walked in and looked at me confused, I was quickly scanning through files and placing them in a box for Edward to then organise further to put into the draws.

"Y/N, you're meant to be at my desk," Gordon says.

He sees Edward and lets out a sigh so I quickly stood up and gave him the money for my coffee then left the room, Gordon stared at Ed for a second or two before closing the door and walked me up to his desk.

"When did you meet Ed?" Gordon cuts to the point.

Holy shit he must hate this dude to be this straight forward, he was often to the point but not like this.

"He was the orphan choir kid-"

Gordon shook his head and sighed meaning that he didn't want to know how I knew him but how I was in that room with him, he must of edited my jobs for the day or put in a request for me to work with him for it to change.