Chapter 2: The Whispering Ocean

The Music Freaks, or- The Music Club, the proper thing to call them. They cherished, and appreciated music. They adored everything about it, from songs, to musical instruments. It was the same exact thing that led many to their death if they were not careful.

They loved the thing that killed so many of their kind. And that is why Drew, himself, hated them. Along with Henry and Liam. Because they were so stupid as to believe the thing that would get them killed was any good at all. 'Morons.', Thought Drew as they passed.

"Hey, look! It's the music freak duo!" Drew called out to the two 'music freaks' walking by, immediately, the two of them stopped in their tracks at the sound of his voice.

One of them was a girl named Hailey. Her hair was the same color as the teal ocean, only a little darker. Her eyes were as black as the rocky paths she walked on, and her lips were as red as a rose. She wore a hot pink jacket that covered her white t-shirt. She wore black pants, and black boots as well. She was.. ordinary, to say the least.

Unlike Daisy, she wasn't perfect. She was just.. normal. The only remotely interesting thing about her was that she liked music.

I guess you could say, she was the most boring girl you could ever meet. Yet at the same time, she somehow remained the most sane out of anyone in the school.

And the other one was a boy named Zander. His hair was a dark purple, as purple as an amethyst you could say. His eyes were light purple, along with the suit he wore. He didn't have a tie or anything too fancy though. His pants were black, and so were his shoes.

And like Hailey, he was boring, but with some really horrible anger issues. Constantly, he tried to act mature, yet blew up after a few minutes. He was.. distant to say the least, a bit of a douche if you didn't know him too well. The only thing he was somewhat talented at was classical piano.

Yet he was still boring as ever.

"What a bunch of nerds!" Laughed Henry mockingly. The three sirens chuckled along with their human companion, smiling with glee at their frustrated faces.

"Oh, look! It's the monkeys who pick on other people because it's the only way they deal with their daddy issues!" Smirked Hailey, crossing her arms. "Ooo!~" The three sirens smugly said at the same time, still laughing.

"Someone's feisty this morning, heh." Said Jake, a little taken aback by that weirdly creative insult of hers. Zander rolled his eyes, and looked back at Hailey. "Come on, Hailey. We have more important things to do than engage with these imbeciles." Said Zander, putting a hand on his own hip.

'Imbeciles? Pfft, is this the 17th century? Can't remember the last time any of us were called that.', sarcastically thought Drew. "For the record, it was your buffoons that started on us first! Keep them under control!" Yelled Hailey, not listening to Zanders advice whatsoever.

"I can't promise that, princess." Smirked Jake, "Anyway, don't you have better things to engage with this imbecile? Or do you just like my company?~" Flirted Jake, a smug Sparkle in his hazel eyes. "Get real!" Retorted Hailey, "And we do have better things to do than loiter around and pick on people!" Said she, rolling her ebony eyes.

"And what's that? Write cute little love songs with your boyfriend? Pff, haha.. really, it's cute." Mocked Jake, the pink on his cheeks slowly fading in from his own held in laughter. The three sirens boys snickered at their friends own comeback, smirking with glee. He had gotten a lot better at comebacks over the years.

"Why don't you just admit that deep down, your just a jealous little boy who wishes he had half our talent? Have fun achieving nothing with your life!" Hailey smiled, trying to hold in her own anger. The two walked off into the distance, leaving the four to talk about what she just said.

"Jeez! No wonder she barely has any friends, what a cow! Might as well just take her to the sirens, and see if she likes music so much then." Commented Drew, chuckling after his own sarcastic remark. She'd probably never go near music again once she saw those scaly tails inside the water.

"Heheh. Right.." Said Jake, looking downwards upon hearing that oddly dark sentence. His facial expression only darkened as the day moved along.

-

As the sun slowly moved over the bright blue sky, the students of the highschool moved along to. Chattering about, throwing paper airplanes anywhere they could, misbehaving. This was all regular: when it came to Mrs. Jones's class of course.

She was so weak and fragile, she barely followed through with any threat she made. Some laughed as she tried to dodge everything being thrown around, no one could really hear her over all the noise inside the classroom.

"Sadie.. would you mind?" Her fragile voice cracked. The 'Sadie' in question stood, and walked to the front of the classroom. She croaked, "Everyone.. please, be quiet."

Everyone was silent after that.

"Ohh.. thank you, Sadie." Thanked the teacher, as Sadie walked back to her desk. With a smile, she continued with the thing that she already had in mind. "Anyway, I have an announcement from the music club!" She gleefully announced.

Jakes eyes lit up at that statement, while the sea-ridden boys own darkened at the mention of those.. freaks. "In a month, they will be having a band competition! They are looking for anyone. Pianists, drummers, or singers!" She tried to make it sound interesting, her tone shifting at different words.

"Why the hell would anyone dare to embarass themself on stage with those siren-loving freaks? Heh. Why even bother associating with them if they love the very thing that'll get them lured and killed? Band competition my ass." Said Drew aloud, Henry and Liam smiling and chuckling along with his own words.

"Ohhh! If you don't quit it, Mister, I'm going to have to give you.. detention!" Cried the Teacher. "Sorry, Teach. It just slipped out." Apathetically apologized Drew. Drew was about to say something to Jake, before he was abruptly cut off by the teacher.

"Oh, that reminds me.. the school told me to say that.. a lot of more siren sightings have been popping up recently. It would be a lot safer for now if.. you just stayed away from the ocean during night time for a while. Or if you walk home, and have to pass it, make sure to find any way to be as far from it as you can." Warned the Teacher.

This caught the three siren boys attention. More siren sightings. They would have to be more careful. If they were caught by some other siren who knew the tale, they would definitely be done for.