Chapter 7: Confusing Moments

Light tinted the school halls in a warm shade, as reflective surfaces slightly shimmered, barely blinding anyone who dared to look. Hailey walked foward, intent on going to the Music club. Zander hadn't shown up yet, especially during the random power outage.

She gulped; she hoped nothing bad had happened to him or something. With a sigh, she-

"Hey, good luck on the band competition!" A random person suddenly stopped her, and said that to her with a smile. Confusion flickered in her eyes of ember, as she raised an eyebrow. "Um.. thank you?" She replied.

The person left off, leaving her alone to be slightly surprised at the sudden encouraging she had just received. Maybe the person was just really nice? She still walked more and more, but then-

"Hey, your gonna do a great job! Can't wait to see you perform!" Another stopped her and said. As they wondered off, Hailey knew something had happened. And there was only one person it could possibly be because of.

With a stern look, she rushed toward the nearby music club door. She peeked in, and knew already what the cause of it all was. A certain peach haired boy flirting on and on with a few women who had been visiting the club.

Jake.

She let out a long sigh, and walked in with an even more stern look inside her hollow, dark eyes of ebony. Light graced her geeenish-blue hair as she came in, and went up to Jake.

"Jake, can we talk?" Said she, making Jake turn around in surprise. "Uhh.. sure?" Said he in response, raising an eyebrow in his own fit of awkwardness. "I'll be back in a minute, ladies~" He smirked, winking at a girl whom he was speaking to a moment ago.

The girl promptly fainted, yet he still followed Hailey to the outside of the room.

"Care to explain why the music room is suddenly full of people? And why people suddenly care to come up to me about the competition?" Asked she, looking like a mother scolding her child. Jake rolled his eyes, "Well you dont seem to happy about it."

Hailey shot him a hard glare, making Jake reply almost immediately. "Well, the truth is.." Genuineness flashed in Jakes face for a moment or two, before suddenly, he paused and looked somewhere else.

Hailey looked in the direction he was looking in, and raised her eyebrows. It was Zander. He seemed calm. And.. he was smiling? Did something happen while he had been away?

The light purple eyes that belonged to him glistened with brief happiness. "Oh, hey, Hailey." Greeted he, stopping his walking and standing to talk to her. "Zander, there you are! What were you doing?" She asked.

"Oh, relax.. I just went to the bathroom, that's all!" Replied Zander, as if he knew she was going to say that. "And why did you take so long? You don't normal-" "Well, the power outage made it hard to find a way out!" He replied on cue once more.

"I- I see.." Hailey seemed taken aback by his fast, strange responses. He had never responded so quickly before.

"Oh, Jake-" Jake cut him off before he could finish; "Look, Zander. I feel bad for picking on you guys.. I wanted to apologize, tell you that I'm sorry for what I did. So.. i-" He paused abruptly, Zander's face had a display of confusion.

"What- what do you mean?" He asked softly. "You.. you know, how me and the guys picked on you and Hailey-" Tried Jake again, he didn't expect for him to say something like that.

"Picked on me and Hailey? What do you mean?" Repeated Zander again, before a lightbulb visibly popped up in his head. "Oh, I get it.. this is a prank, isn't it?" He smirked, a smug look on his face.

"Wha- Zander, what are you talking about?" Asked Hailey, she looked shocked. "Haha, very funny, you two. Pulling a prank on me even though he just joined the club." Zander rolled his eyes, but still had a friendly face.

"I- Zander, this- this isn't a prank-" Nervously stammered Hailey in reply to him. "No use in denying it~, we both know we never met Jake until a few hours ago. And we don't know anyone who knows Jake yet." He replied.

As this conversation continued, Hailey further getting more and more shocked, and Jake responding with more and more confusion yet nervousness- a few certain men watched from afar.

Drew, Henry and Liam had all been watching from behind a locker set. Drew smirked, his embers flaring up in satisfaction. "Well done, Henry. For the first time in hundreds of years, you actually did something right."

"Um.. yeah, heheh." Chuckled Henry, averting his eyes from Drew's and gulping. Scared; that was how Henry had felt right now. He didn't think he had it in him. He was shocked at what he did. Did he.. really do that to Zander of all people?!

"Well.. now that we have Zander, what are you planning on doing to Jake? You don't want him to know what we can do, right?" Liam asked, a bead of sweat dripping down his jawline as fear overwhelmed his chest.

Drew looked down at what he was holding and smiled. "Dont worry, all we need is this." He held it up for them to see.

Liam widened his eyes, and Henry did too. "D- Drew, you can't be serious-" Stuttered Liam, before being cut off once more.

Drew replied, "Dont worry, I'm not gonna kill him.. this is just necessary for what we need to do. After all.. there's no way he can attend the party with this, is there?"

//////////////
And it's back, baby! Wooh! Sorry, I lost a whole lotta motivation. But now that I'm hyperfixated again, I have motivation once more!