Chapter 9: Jolly Sailor Bold

Liam and Henry started to vocalize, and harmonized beautifully, sending everyone in the crowd to be stunned by the shock of their voices. It was like a big shock wave, they hadn't hadn't expecting for the two of them to sound like that at all.

Henry's vocals defied the laws of physics theirself, going so much more higher than any human could, yet still sounding gentle and peaceful.

Liams vocals sounded low and mature, but peaceful and calm. His voice harmonized well with his green-haired friend.

And then, Drew began to sing;

Upon one summer's morning, I carefully did stray
Down by the Walls of Wapping, where I met a sailor gay
Conversing with a young lass, who seemed to be in pain
Saying, "William, when you go, I fear you will never return again"

His voice stunned the crowd too, and the world stood silently for a split second it seemed. His voice sounded like heaven, like angels calling to them from the sky. Some even reached to the sky, fully believing it was angels.

Drew smirked, then walked along the stage as Liam and Henry continued to vocalize.

My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly sailor bold

Drew held his hand out to the crowd, and he saw their faces. His mouth went dry for a moment. The look in their eyes made him feel a bit trapped in a way, yet he didn't know why. The familiarity of it all felt like a knife stabbing into his chest.

He retracted his hand as the crowds gaze followed him, and he looked to Henry and Liam, a commanding flicker in his eyes visibly present. The two flinched, not knowing exactly what he wanted them to do, but they decided to sing with him-

His hair it hangs in ringlets, his eyes as black as coal
My happiness attend him wherever he may go
From Tower Hill to Blackwall, I'll wander, weep and moan
All for my jolly sailor, until he sails home

The two did their own slow dance, not like one of those slow dances at weddings or celebrations, but a one of hypnotism and trickery. Their backs were against one another, as they smirked to the crowd, trying to look as tempting as they could.

Drew smiled, and kept singing;

My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly sailor bold

The crowd began to grow a little loud, sending a sharp message of doom into Drew's stomach. His heart pounded rapidly, but he still had enough determination to sing.

Henry and Liam went to both of Drew's sides, and followed him in a dancing like manner.

My name it is Maria, a merchant's daughter fair
And I have left my parents and three thousand pounds a year

Drew then extended his arm, and opened his hand.

Come all you pretty fair maids, whoever you may be
Who love a jolly sailor that ploughs the raging sea

Sparkles of adoration and admiration twinkled in the people's eyes, as they swayed in a drunk like state. Drew raised his shoulders, he hoped he wouldn't knock them out or something. He didn't want to make a mistake like Henry did.

While up aloft in storm, from me his absence mourn
And firmly pray, arrive the day, he's never more to roam

Drew looked to Henry and Liam, and they both sang;

My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly sailor bold

Drew then sang with them, but in a higher key this time;

My heart is pierced by Cupid
I disdain all glittering gold
There is nothing can console me
But my jolly sailor bold

The song finished.

Immediately, the crowd erupted into joy and intoxication from the very vocals of the men, drunken with the euphoria of their voices. Some tried grabbing at them sleepily, and others looked at them as if they were their crushes.

Praise sounded from the crowd, making them slightly back away. This is what their guardians and the elders from the deepest oceans had meant by three sirens having more of an effect on humans.

Henry and Liam heavily breathed. The yells and shouts had overwhelmed them, massively. Shouts telling them to get out of there erupted and exploded inside of both their heads, yet they still stayed due to their leader.

Drew then began to talk, approaching the crowd.

"Hey, you all."

They silenced.

"So Jake, right?.. Well, here's the deal, he's a pretty great singer.. but-"

He gulped.

"The Music Club- you see- they.."

He thought of what to say.

"They want to take him away from me- us.."

He continued.

"So how about a little favor.."

He bent down.

"You will all go along with our little plan. That is- to kill the music freaks-.. club, before they can steal him away from us like the little thieves they are."

Yells of agreement sounded from the crowd. One person yelled out; "Lets burn them all and hide their remains!" Another yelled; "Let us kidnap them so the police will never find their body!" Suggestions kept being shouted out, til Drew spoke again.

"People, people."

They went quiet again.

"We already have an elaborate plan, so there's no need for suggestions.. we'll deal with them when the band competition comes up, and you'll play along, alright?"

The crowd agreed, like the obedient dogs they were.

As Drew continued to speak to them as if he were some Popstar speaking to his fans, Liam looked down at his feet. A glow of red shimmered in his eyes. Determination flickered at his heart, yet guilt clinged to him endlessly.

Was he just going to sit and obey Drew like he did then? What would his mother think of that-.. no, he disobeyed her decades ago. But.. his mother still hanged inside his thoughts. What would they do if she found them?!

Liam shook his head, there was no way she'd find them or him. But.. even so, this spoke volumes about him too. He was beginning to be just like his mother, and Drew was too..

Sweat dripped down his jawline once more.

He knew this wasn't the right thing to do, it really wasn't.

Yet the cries of a thousand souls filled him with cowardice, and cowardice trapped him like a prisoner.

///////////////////
What do you think so far?