Chapter 3: Stalking Seashells

Students has collected themselves beside and in front of their own lockers, commuting with their companions and random people they knew. Drew had been talking with his girlfriend, Zoey.

She looked at him with pleading, sparkling lime green eyes, "You'll take me shopping on the weekend, right, Drewy-bear?" Asked Zoey. "Whatever you want, sweetheart." Replied Drew, a hand on his own waist.

"Yayyy!" Zoey cheered, her own shoes clacked as she walked up to him. And softly, she pecked him on his own cheek. Red bloomed onto his own cheeks. "You two are going shopping," Said a girl named Lia, "but maybe we could make it a double date. How about it, Jake?" Asked she.

"Um.. i'm.. busy this weekend." Said Jake. "Ugh! Your always busy!" Whined Lia, frustration blooming onto her own face. Henry quickly scooted in, looking smugly at the taller girl. "I'm not busy, Lia. I'm sure we could make this double date happen.." He said, raising his eyebrows up and down.

"Ugh! No. I told you I don't date dwarves." Lia said, spite in her own chocolate-brown eyes. This was a metaphorical stab in the chest for Henry, considering he then fell to his knees.

Lia sighed, "Come on, Zoey. Let's go already." Said Lia. "Okay! Bye-bye, sugarcube!" Zoey smiled sweetly, and blew a kiss towards Drew. The two girls walked off, leaving the three sirens and their own human companion alone.

"Hey, Jake. You wanna come watch me play on my new console?" Drew asked Jake, as Liam and Henry walked up from behind him. Henry looking sad, and Liam looking attentive.

"As fun as that sounds.. I'm gonna skip today." Jake replied. "Mrs.. Jones wanted to me so.. yeah, see you guys!" He walked off, waving a goodbye before he turned his back completely to them.

The three sat in silence for a moment. Liam hit his own fist on his palm, "I got it! He must have a thing for teachers." Smirked Liam. "Dude, seriously! What is wrong with you today?!" Yelled Henry, obviously disgusted by what he just said.

"What? It's perfectly normal for a teenage boy." Liam said, a smug look in his own facial expression.

Before the two could continue with their banter, Drew began to walk into the direction Jake was going in. The two took notice to this, and immediately, one of them spoke up. "Drew? H-Hey! Wait up, man!" Henry yelled, going after him. Liam followed top of course.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Henry asked. "I'm following him." Said Drew, furrowing his eyebrows. "Wha- why? He just said he had to talk to Mrs. Jones." Said Liam, confused as ever.

"Anytime we talked about those music freaks today, he seemed.. off. I want to see if he's really going to see Mrs. Jones." Said he, walking further. Liam and Henry gave eachother a look, but continued to follow their former leader. Or.. Melody, if you could say that.

-

They continued searching the school for their pal, walking faster incase the bell would ring at any moment. Calmly, Henry spoke up. "Uhh.. Drew, maybe he really did go to Mrs. Jon-" He was quickly cut off by an abrupt shushing noise from Drew.

"You hear that?" Drew asked his green haired friend. After a bit of listening, they heard what sounded like Jake. "I'm here to sing! Alone.." His distant voice said. His confident, outgoing voice was saying the exact thing Drew didn't wanna hear. At all.

Drew quickly turned his head in different directions, trying to figure out where his voice was coming from. He heard a few unintelligible voices respond to Jakes sentence, and of course he recognized one of them as Hailey. Hailey. That music-loving, boring, pest.

Eventually, his eyes found a door with a poster saying "The Music Club". He didn't think to even say anything to his two companions behind him, and started to speed towards the door. He heard Liam and Henrys whisper-yells call out to him, but to no avail. He didn't care.

Creaking the door slowly open, he saw who he never wanted to see in the goddamn Music Freak club. Jake. His friend. His closest, most dearest friend was going to be lured in by those siren-loving fanatics. He snarled under his own breath.

He wasnt really even focusing on what anyone of what they were saying either. He just saw Jake. He just thought of Jake.

Then, Jake began to walk towards the stage with the microphone on it. Zander walked towards the Piano, and that one other guy clicked something that made music start to play.

Jake then began to gently sing. The surprise was.. he sounded good, really good. He didn't sound like any of the sirens he had heard before he left the ocean with Henry and Liam, but he sounded close. So close.

Jake was singing.

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

The Music Club looked happy.

Ba-dump.

Ba-dump.

"Woah.. he sounds.. really good!" Liam whispered lowly. "Yeah, I know right!" Henry whispered back. Drew moved his body upwards, and his mouth drew back into a snarl.

"He.. betrayed us."

"What?" Muttered Henry, looking up at Drew. But only then did he regret saying it, even if it was only one word. When he saw Drew's face, he realized what a mistake Drew had made.

His ebony eyes burned with a fire that had been lit into a roaring flame. His teeth practically looked like an animals, with the deep breathes he was taking. His nostrils flared, he couldn't control how much he was breathing.

"D-Drew.. woah, calm down, man!" Liam said, putting his hands on his shoulders. But Drew slapped them off, and then began to quickly walk off into the distance. His friends kept up though.

"D-Drew! You can't just-" "He betrayed us! He's a traitor! Traitortraitortrai..tor.." Drew suddenly stopped. A grin had grown on his face. Eyes full of fragile sanity, he spoke once more.

"Heheh.. no, he's not a traitor. He's being lured isn't he?" Drew looked back at his friends, a hand clasped on his own cheek. "They're luring him to his death, aren't they? With that silly little music of theirs. Heheh.. hah.. no, I won't let them." He smiled.

"Drew, you have to calm down, man." Spoke Henry, "Of course we won't let them! We'll talk to him about it tomorrow." Said he.

"No. We have to be cautious about this. They're trying to lure him to his death. Mhm. I know they are." Said Drew. "Mhm. Yeah. They want him dead. I know they do." Fragiley said Drew.

"They'll be dead before they even get to though. After all," Drew looked to his friends, causing them both to flinch. "We're going to make sure of that, right?" Drew said, his fingers slightly twitching.

"Um.. yeah! Right!" Henry managed to croak out. "Yeah!" Liam said as well. Fear manifested itself into the two boys, they didn't know what he meant by that. They hoped he wasn't serious about making sure they were dead and all. They hoped it was a joke.

But alas, it wasnt.