Leveling Part 3

Two portals, one lime green, and the other magenta opened up in the volcanic plains. Two figures walked out of each one. One of them was a dashing young man with blonde hair and green eyes dressed in a long white coat with a glowing blood-red collar, black pants and shoes, small earrings, and a simple gray undershirt. 

The second one was an old man with grey hair and purplish eyes. His wardrobe consisted of a tattered purplish-black robe with the hood drawn up. Worn on the face was a pale yellow bone-like mask and two prongs extended out of the back. A red blob constantly shifting on his chest.

"This is the place." The old man stated.

"Yes, I can tell. A battle must've taken place here." The younger man commented, getting slightly irked when he realized he had stepped into a puddle of blood. Simply by standing here, his senses are overwhelmed by the signature mana of their kind scattered across the place. 

"How perceptive, will you regale me with such boorish details? Oh, mighty King of Monstrous Humanoids?" snarked the older one. "What's next? Will you mention how many die as well?"

The younger man kept quiet, trying not to rise up to his companions' snark. Choosing to take a deep breath and reminding himself of the task at hand. 

The portals closed behind the two at their will, leaving the two out in the open. Surrounding them was the aftermath of a great battle. A massive crater permeated with the stench of death where the middle was littered with a bloody pile of body parts. Given how Vulcan's decapitated head is lying out in the open, the small pieces are undoubtedly Mars.

'I highly doubt his successor can take down Mars. Weak as he was, Mars was still a capable fighter. Must have received help.' He noted. After all, he can tell the smell of charred flesh by a mile long. From what he remembers of his Bellion, he wields no magic of any kind. Hence the only logical explanation is help from the third party.

No doubt the Salamanders of the local area were used as soldiers. Not strong on their own but can be quite a threat in groups. Although this only applies to the human.

Scattered across the voyeur was the carcass of the four Constructs that stupid Cyclop stole and speaking of that cyclops, he is lying there dead. Limbs broken and chopped off.

"Well, at least whoever was the successor to that moron did his work nicely." Keras idly noted, walking towards the runaway's deceased body. Broken bones and dismembered body parts alongside a decapitated head. Judging by the cur's expression, it must have occurred instantly.

"Oh, Vulcan, you were so promising. Why did you have to run away and get a big head?" The blonde winced when he saw his partner picking up the head. Hugging it and talking to the head like it was a baby. Even now, Keras could never truly understand the Monarch of Knowledge's weird way of thinking. While the young blonde can understand the love for their subject, he doesn't treat them like babies.

Well, one of them but she's an entirely different issue.

"Yogumunt, can we just leave already. I've got an interview and a date after this." His words earned a frown from Yogumunt. 

"Keras, my good friend, don't forget that we are Monarchs. Don't get so attached to those disgusting little hairless apes." Yogumunt remarked, earning a disgruntled sound out of Keras.

"Sorry, but unlike you, I've got something called a disguise to keep up. Don't forget I'm also helping you collect materials." Keras retorted, air-quoting at the word materials.

"Yes, well, don't get attached to them, and make sure to keep the supply coming," Yogumunt spoke, placing the head gently back on the ground. Just because he asked for help and the idiot kept holding it over his head. Keras rolled his eyes at the gesture, disgusted by such action.