Frigid Land Part 3

"Wow, can I have your autograph?" One girl asked, no older than five.

"Sure," Shoko replied, writing her hancock on the photo of the young child. She said her thanks and rushed back to her parents, showing it off to her parents.

"I'm sorry about that." Shoko said, bowing slightly to the Midoriya woman. "My sis told me I should try to comply with my fans request."

"It's fine," Inko waved off with a smile. 

"Hero work is quite hard after all. If anything, I'm the one who should be grateful for your help."Inko stated as she placed the soy sauce bottle in the trolley. 

"Yeah," Shoko muttered quietly, feeling incredibly awkward hanging around Izuku's mother. She had only agreed to help Inko out of gratitude for the meal. Naturally she didn't told her that because it felt cheap and gave another reason. 

The two were currently at the local supermarket, buying new ingredients to use for cooking up meals. Shoko, who was told by Saiko to accompany the green-haired summoner's mother, complied as Saiko apparently had some rituals she intended to carry out. The fire-and-ice user prayed that her friend succeeded in getting what she wanted. 

In hindsight, Shoko should have expected there would be fans asking for autographs.

'Then again, that's not a big deal.' Shoko glanced at the shorter woman's shadow. While she couldn't sense either one of them, she knew Phobos and Deimos, the twin Salamanders, are hiding inside Inko's shadows. If she hadn't saw the two lizards entering her shadow back at Saiko's apartment, she wouldn't even have known because she felt no presence whatsoever. There might as well be absolutely nothing in there.

'Izuku Midoriya. You have an interesting power. I can see why Saiko is invested in you. There's only the name, are they related to him? No, that's just a huge coincidence now would it?'

"So, how did you get to know Saiko-chan?" Inko asked whilst her eyes were checking out the expiry date on a packaged chicken meat.

"My father hired her to tutor me in Japanese calligraphy and chemistry." Shoko stated. 

"... Seriously? Isn't she like your age?" Inko's question received a nod from Shoko, leaving the woman in awe at the information.

"I didn't knew she's that amazing. I-I mean, she live in a condominium by herself, I thought was her own money but that's just...wow. I wished my son told me about her." Inko lamented, her voice cracking for a brief moment.

Shoko on the other hand felt like she's intruding into a private matter, cringing slightly at the realization. The young woman felt awkward for bringing up something bad.

"W-well, you know that's just how people are like. They're just trying to...y'know, focus on themselves and...other stuff," trailed off Shoko, not knowing what else to say.

"I guess." After their awkward exchange, the two decides to continue their purchase in silence. Almost half an hour went by and the two were already leaving the store, having paid for all the groceries. With Shoko carrying some of the plastic bag at her own insistence, believing it's the least she can do. The two headed for the nearest bus stop soon afterwards, waiting for a bus to come.

" Can I ask you something?" Shoko asked.

"If it's about my name, yes, I'm the famous late Hero Orochi's spouse." Inko spoke without missing a beat, surprising the fire-and-ice wielder slightly. 

"I-you sure that's a good idea?" Shoko asked. Due to the nature of their work, Heroes made many enemies as criminals are still an issue Heroes deal with on a daily basis. Most heroes don't reveal their private life or personal information to the press.

"No but no one is around and I couldn't hide it from Endeavors's children." Inko answered sporting a wistful look. " I'm sure it was talked about, my husband's passing. Considering he was amongst the many who died against that big dragon in America 16 years ago."