dix

"it's the endgame at this point

"it's the endgame at this point."

.

.

.

.

start --->

maki was nowhere to be found, and when you woke up, you woke up at a campfire surrounded by the mess you guys used to call a city. your head lied down on inumakis' legs, and your eyes fluttered open, and before you knew it, you focused your gaze onto yuuta immediately. "yuuta?" you croaked out, sitting up and properly bringing your distant cousin into a tight hug. he coughed, nearly choking but he doesn't mind the closeness. "calm down, i'm not going anywhere." yuuta chuckles, rubbing your back gently before pulling away, smiling softly. "you saved inumakis' life by the way, so thank you. also, this-" he hands you the sealed cube your father resides in. "this is what gojos' in?" he questions, and you nod, looking a bit nervous now.

"keep this away from the higher ups. they don't want anyone releasing him from this seal."

you were shocked, staring at your cousin with wide eyes as your mouth hung open, struggling to find the words of what to say. what do you say in this situation? It was a fucked up situation.

the real question was how the hell you were gonna get your father out of this cube either way. whether it be by force, or by having to team up with geto. you knit your eyebrows together, trying to figure out a response, but itadori waking up was something you couldn't miss. "y/n?" he calls out, his voice cracking as he said your name to get your attention, tears welding in his eyes as his gaze focused upon you, and how could you say no to such a face. you immediately get up, rushing over to pull him into a tight hug right after tossing the cube to yuuta, who gladly caught it.

the way you hugged itadori like you were going to lose him was heartbreaking. your grip tugging on his shirt as he kept the same tight grip around your torso as he held you close. the two of you were like siblings. which is funny, because neither of you ever had siblings, so it was fun being together, and it was sad being without each other. almost as if you were missing your second half. you pulled away after awhile, cupping his cheeks, "are you okay? is sukuna still in control of you-" he gives a small smile, which washes all your worries away even if only for a second. you let out a sigh of relief before looking back at yuuta.

"so. how do we get my dad out of that fucking cube."

it was a slow process. trying to come up with a plan, inumaki sat next to you, his hands resting in his lap as he watches silently, listening in. "who's that?" you asked, raising an eyebrow at the mention of more students being brought up. megumi being the one who brought them up this time, his gaze fixing onto you almost as everyones has. itadoris' mostly out of confusion, because he didn't know what students they were talking about either, same as you. inumaki, and yuuta had an idea on who megumi was talking about but they didn't really know until he said their names.

"the third years. we need to get ahold of both kinji hakari, and kirara hoshi. we need them to help us get gojo out of that stupid fucking cube." megumi explains, narrowing his eyes down at the cube that rested in yuutas' lap. "why would anyone even seal gojo?" itadori asks, his frown deepening, but you nudge his shoulder, smiling slightly, "don't frown too much, you'll get wrinkles, love." of course, you saying this made him laugh, his usual smile appearing on his face before it faded back away into a frown, his laughter dying down as megumi continues onward. you know it wasn't just you, but you have a feeling that itadori was losing his smile.

slowly, but surely.

clearing his throat, megumi continues onward with what he was saying before. which you all gladly listen, if it really is as  important as megumi was making it seem. "who wouldn't wanna seal gojo? he's strong. he could shut this all down singlehandedly if he wanted to." yuuta explains, chipping in as megumi gives a nod. yuuta had a point, and megumi could do nothing but agree. this just meant they either went to go find who sealed gojo, or they continued with megumis' plan. "they're our only real help. y/n doesn't have any cursed energy, and itadori is a high risk with using his if sukuna is getting stronger." good points he was bringing up, and inumaki wanted to do everything he could to say something along the lines of, 'i object!' but, if you weren't even aware of your own strength, bringing it up to anyone here would be too overwhelming for you. inumaki could only assume how you would react, but he hadn't known you for long. like yeah, he considers the two of you friends.

but the thought of only being friends was enough to make him a bit salty. even if only a little bit, but that's besides the point of what i'm trying to get across. inumaki knew you were just as strong as your father, maybe even stronger. he can understand why the higher ups want you to replace him in the longrun, especially if you could learn how to control it. you'll be unstoppable, just like your father.

inumakis' eyes went half lidded, narrowing a bit as he began to tune out what megumi was saying. he was just glad you were there to protect him, or else he would've died, or lost a limb.

"...maki?"

"..inumaki?"

the second time caught his attention once again. the sound of your voice catching him off guard, and with everything that's been happening, the look he gave you was one of a stern one. his lilac colored orbs staring back into your e/c ones. you couldn't exactly tell what he was trying to say, but you closed your mouth, averting your gaze elsewhere since you couldn't help but feel like you did something wrong. which wasn't the case, inumaki was just on edge. "i'll get ahold of maki, and panda."

you gave a nod, focusing your attention right back on megumi. it didn't take long for you guys as a group to start getting ready to go. this wasn't a wait and tell type of situation. things needed to happen now, and you guys needed results. "who's gonna watch the cube then?" itadori asks, and you look back at yuuta, who looks right back you before tossing it at you, which you catch with ease. "y/n can watch their father. i can trust that they can run and hide with it when things get too serious?" yuuta chuckles a bit, making you pout at the small little joke he had said. "ha ha, very funny." you poke his side, which reflexes him to back away with a small squeak. he puffs his cheeks out in a pout, and you return it by sticking your tongue out at him.

even in a situation like this, you hope that things can continue to be sweet.

.

.

.

.