Chapter five

"Oi! Emma.", Draken called for her. 

She leisurely walked towards where Takemichi, Hina, and Draken stood, "Comin'".

She was introduced and told to protect Hina, accepting with a bored nod. Glancing at Takemichi, she perked up, "Yo, lil' coward ♡".

How… how the hell did you just hear a heart emoji out loud. 

Emma's words caused a reaction on both the people they liked; the short one said, "Who is a 'Lil' coward?", and the tall one, "Do you...know Emma?".

He was really fucked now, but he kind of deserved it, so you delayed the greeting a little more. 

Man-- Hina was really scary. 

You winced once, twice and then thrice while she did what she had to with a bat you had no idea where it came from.

She left, and Draken commanded for everyone to gather. You found yourself a spot upstairs on the shrine, not directly facing the crowd of gangsters, but being ready to be called forward. 

Standing in the spotlight, Mikey started, "We're gathered here today because of the Moebius incident". 

The words you practiced while in the hospital rang in your head. You had to be loud and clear with this one.

Pah and Peh-Yan picked a fight with Takemichi. Mitsuya and Draken called them off. 

And then, Mikey called you. 

You stood right in front of him, looking him in the eye. Behind you was Pah, but this time around, the decision was yours. 

"What will you do, (Y/n)-chin, Pah?".

To you, and probably to him, the answer was obvious. So before Pah could speak, you put a hand on his shoulder successfully quieting him down, and spoke to Mikey, and thus the entire gang, "I say we beat them up, so that those pigs know their place".

Out of consideration, you looked back at Pah, "Right, Pah?".

He looked at you, and then at the ground with his eyes closed to yell loudly, "I wanna do it! I wanna fucking beat them to death!". 

'Glad to know the anger remains'. You patted his shoulder. 

Mikey childishly smiled at the both of you, "That's what I thought". 

He turned to the crowd and fired them up with battle words, "We're going to crush Moebius!".

He ended it with, "The decisive battle will be on August the third during Musashi Festival."

Takemihi's face changed when he connected two and two together. Tomorrow you would have to tail him, who would also be tailing Draken and Mikey.

'Damn, what a pain'. Even though you knew all your actions were crucial, you still had the right to feel a bit tired. You could tell it wasn't only physical. 

Your left leg had started throbbing again, and holding yourself up with crutches for a long time had you aching. The noise of the gang members leaving while spouting out battle nonsense and your remaining thoughts were building up a headache. 

Only then did you realize, hey, you were actually really, really tired. 

"(Y/n)-san?"

You looked at the source of the voice. Mitsuya, looking worriedly at you, walked towards you.

"Yeah?".

Once next to you, he spoke, "Are you alright? Tired?". 

"I'm good.", a small smile formed on your lips. His kindness was cute and appreciated, but you didn't want to appear weak.