Chapter six

You were wrong to think you'd hate yourself the next day. In reality, you wanted to comit murder on your own persona. 

When you woke up to noises in your living room that were not supposed to be there because you lived alone, you realized that it was already late into the afternoon. Through the crack of your curtains oozed the familiar sunset colors. 

It made your heart miss a beat when you remembered that today was the day Pah stabbed Osanai and got sent to jail.

Had you really slept through all of that? Had all your plans gone to shit just like that?

The memory of yesterday only made the hatred to yourself burn hotter. You felt guilty, you still felt tired, you felt worried...So many feelings and thoughts at once made you want to just die.

If nothing changed and everyone was miserable because of your idiocy, would you still bare to be alive?

All that inner mess made you forget the noises for a moment, and you only came back to it when someone opened the door to your room.

Had it been a burglar or a murderer, you would've been dead in a second, because not only were you weak of exhaustation, your left leg hurt to move and you had no weapon or phone at hand. Not even your brain was functioning properly. 

But it was just Baji.

The scream he let out might've actually killed you though. 

"They're awake!.", he yelled to the living room, in front of your bedroom door. 

He opened the door completely to reveal a group of people casually sitting on your couch, eating, and watching T.V.

From afar, you recognized Mitsuya, Chifuyu and Kazutora on the couch. Laying on the floor, Draken had put his phone down to get up. Mikey, Shinichiro and Emma came out of the kitchen one by one. 

And Baji, "You've been sleeping like dead for more than a day. What's up with that?". 

Now it was you who stared dumbly at him, completely dazed. "What…?"

More people started coming in and voicing their own thoughts, "(Y/n)-kun, you were sick! Why didn't you tell me!" "You should've been the one to call us, not Takemichi." "Stop crowding them-- they need space". 

The last statement quieted them down a little.

That silence, however, was broken by your own panicked and sore voice.

"What about Pah?". You clenched your hands into a fist so tight your nails dug hard into your skin. 

Baji looked annoyed at your question, "What about him? You haven't answered anything". 

Seeing no response from him, you turned to the closest person to him, Chifuyu.

"Where is he? What about Osanai?".

Maybe because he had never -nobody in the room, actually- seen you so frantic, your panicked gaze looking at him for answers, he stuttered a little.

"He- He's in the convenience store with Peh-Yan.", he was nervous his answer wasn't the one you wanted.

"Shop..? He, he isn't in jail?", you confirmed to nobody in specific, more like to yourself.

Kazutora's voice resounded, "If he hasn't done something stupid while buying basic things then no, he isn't".

You looked around the room, not minding the weird gazes everyone was giving you, and felt your body shake with relief at the same time you exhaled. 

Your eyes, not sore anymore, were about to get sore again because of your incoming tears.