𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮

Summary: Regulus Black has an enormous crush on Y/n, and Evan Rosier encourages him to confess to her in the astronomy tower. When Regulus Black goes through with the plan, chaos ensues.

Word count: 0.8k 

"Oh my gosh," Regulus Black exclaimed in dramatically as he whispers to his best friend Evan Rosier. "That's the necklace I gave her! Evan, look!" 

"She looks so pretty with it on. I want to give her more, maybe some rings to match it? Oh my god, what if I gave her my ring? That will be so adorable. And what if-" Regulus started to rant before Evan could answer.

"I really like her, like I don't even know how to describe it. Love, maybe. She just makes me feel-" Regulus said in admiration for the girl, completely clueless that she was currently walking towards him.

"Who are you talking about, Reggie?" Y/n asks with curiosity, sitting down next to Regulus

"Oh uhm- you know- uh-" Regulus stuttered with his face red and mind blank. 

"His crush." Evan rosier interrupted, trying to help the poor boy. But all it did was cause Regulus to shoot him an annoyed look. 

"Oh," Y/n replied, feeling her heart sink a little. She had liked Regulus for a while now, and thought his random gift to her was a sign that he had feelings for her too, but maybe she was wrong. "If you don't mind me asking, who's your crush?"

"N-nobody!" Regulus squealed with panic as he quickly fled from the Great Hall out of embarrassment.

"Did I do something wrong?" Y/n questioned with concern in her voice.

"No, of course not. He's just a bit stupid. I'll go talk to him." Evan suggested as he left to find Regulus, leaving Y/n and her curiosity all alone.

---

"What the hell was that?" Evan asked Regulus as he sat down next to him in Potions.

"What do you mean? You were the one who said I had a crush!" Regulus argued back, crossing his arms.

"I was helping you, dumbass! You could've easily confessed right there and then that you had a crush on her." 

"Are you kidding? I can't tell her I like her! It would ruin everything." Regulus sighed, "She's way out of my league and she will definitely reject me, and then our whole friendship will be gone! What will I do then?" 

"Then you can continue hanging out with me!" 

"Not helping, Evan." 

"She's not going to reject you. I see the way she looks at you, it's filled with love and admiration. And I also saw how disappointed she looked when I said you had a crush." Evan encouraged his friend with a supportive smile, "Just tell her how you feel. I bet 10 galleons she would say yes."

After a long pause, Regulus finally gave in and said with a small smile, "Fine."

---

"Meet me in the astronomy tower at 12 - r.a.b" was the note that floated onto Y/n's table in the library when she was studying.

She quickly checked the time and saw it was already 11:55. Effortlessly waving her wand and muttering a spell, all her books and notes floated into her tote bag. She swung the tote bag over her shoulder and headed for the grey rocky building.

As she walked up the stairs that seemed to never end, she felt the anxiety start to bubble inside of her. Is he okay? Did I do something wrong? Maybe he got sick of me... Thoughts of worry seemed to flood Y/n's mind.

As she arrived at the top level, she saw the silhouette of a tall boy with messy hair and a dark coat. 

"Regulus?" She called out, worry lacing her voice. 

"Y/n!" Regulus walked over and greeted her with a small hug.

They both pulled away from the hug and a comfortable silence came between them.

"Is something wrong?" Y/n whispered as she scanned his face to see if there were any physical scars.

"No, it's just..." Regulus paused, "I wanted to tell you something." 

"Yeah, anything. Go on."

"Okay uhm. Do you remember this morning when Evan told you I was talking about my crush and I said I didn't have a crush?" 

"Yeah." Y/n shifted uncomfortably at the memory.

"Well, I lied. You're my crush. I like you. Screw it, I'm in love with you. I always have been. And I know you don't like me back and I'm totally fine with that. I just needed to let you know because I feel like I'm about to explode if I keep it in any longer. So if you want to never talk to me again then-" 

Y/n leaned over to grab his neck and press a passionate kiss on his lips which immediately shut up the rambling boy. Y/n's hands moved up to pull at his hair, and god it was softer than she ever imagined. The kiss was gentle and soft at first, but soon become more lustful and hungry. Both teenagers pulled away for air and rested their foreheads next to each other.

"I'm in love with you too, Regulus."

"Really?" 

Y/n answered with another passionate kiss, that will later be recalled as the start of their journey with each other... and the reason Regulus still owes Evan 10 galleons to this day/

---

𝐥𝐞𝐭 𝐦𝐞 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐛𝐨𝐮𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬... 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐜𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐚𝐧𝐲 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐬!!!