𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐩𝐭.𝟏

Summary: In which Sirius Black creates a big fake-dating scheme between Regulus Black and Florence Potter for the worse or for the better. 

Word count: 0.7k

ʀᴇɢᴜʟᴜs ᴘᴏᴠ

Sirius Black was never a good planner. He much preferred doing the first thing in his mind with a bottle of firewhiskey in his hands. That's why shock was written all over his face when his brother Regulus Black came begging him for help.

"Sirius, you don't understand!" I retorted while making a small grunt. "I'm barely 16, and I most certainly don't want to get married to Alecto Carrow! Have you seen her? She's vile! You must be able to do something, anything!"

"I don't know what I can do..." Sirius slowly trailed off with a nervous look on his face. Suddenly, his face lit up and he smiled a devilish grin. A grin that made me slightly back away from him, scared of what he thought of.

"I have a perfect idea!" Sirius exclaimed, showing a resemblance to a 6-year-old kid. "You can date Florence Potter!"

"What? Potter's little sister?" Regulus frowned slightly. Whatever he was expecting, that was not it.

"Yeah. She's a pureblood. Mother will approve, maybe not the blood-traitor part, but good enough!"

"I've never even spoken to her!"

"So? You can use this opportunity to meet. And I'm not saying you have to be bonded to her forever, it's just enough so Mother will get off your back about Alecto."

"Well, it's not the worse idea..." Regulus admitted after thinking it over. "But how will you get her and her brother to approve?"

"I'm sure she will say yes. She has a kind soul," Sirius paused grimly. "But for James? I'll figure it out. You'll be good for her though. You won't break her heart, right?"

"No, of course not. Why would I?"

"Good. I'll be off now. I'll let you know what she says!"

Regulus waved a small farewell and chuckled to himself about how ridiculous this whole "plan" was. At least dating Florence won't be half bad. He saw her in some of his classes before, dressed in red and gold colors with a similar bright smile on her face. He could get used to that.

~~~

ғʟᴏʀᴇɴᴄᴇ ᴘᴏᴠ

"Florence, would you like to date my brother?"

"Excuse me?" I asked with an incredulous look on my face. I haven't dated a lot of guys in my past. Most ended in heartbreak and a few bloody faces. My best friends Lily and Remus always taught me to keep my friends and grades first, and so I did. That was until Sirius came up to me this morning with an unbelieving question.

"You heard me." Sirius shrugged in a tone that made it sound like he only asked about the weather. "Do you want to date my brother?"

I wasn't particularly familiar with Regulus. He had dull grey eyes, neat curls, and an aloof presence. He was an interesting character, and needless to say very handsome. But that wasn't a big enough incentive for Florence to date him.

"No, thank you. What kind of a question is that? " I replied thoughtfully before walking away, though it wasn't long until I heard footsteps coming after me.

"A very important one. Look, my brother overheard Walburga planning his betrothal to Alecto Carrow and he's asking me for help. You need to fake date him until Walburga gets this stupid idea off her mind. Please, I disappointed him before when I left him in that horrifying house. He needs my help right now, and this is the only way."

My eyes softened at the boy in front of me. I knew that he regretted leaving his brother without a goodbye every single day, and he would do anything to make up for it. And on the other hand, maybe dating Regulus won't be that bad. After all, it's fake.

"Fine, for how long?" I finally gave in and was met with an excited look on Sirius' face.

"I knew you would say yes! No longer for 6 months, I suppose. I have to go tell him now, bye!"

"You're the one who's telling my brother!"

"Yeah, whatever. Bye Florence!"

Y/n sighed sightly as she started walking to her Potions Class. Gosh, what have I gotten myself into?