𝐬𝐰𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐬

Summary: When Regulus receives a sweater from Y/n, he cannot help but complain about his unrequited love for her. Unknowingly, Y/n is right behind him and hears everything. 

Word count: 0.6k

Regulus was studying for his upcoming Potions exam in his dorm when he heard a gentle knock on the door. Curiously, he opened the door to see a small package carefully wrapped with his name on top of it. 

Regulus' eyes furrowed as he opened the mysterious gift, revealing a green and black sweater. He immediately remembered how he complained to Y/n about not having a warm sweater a few weeks ago. He recalled mumbling about the lack of sweaters with Slytherin colors in shops while Y/n looked at him with an amused grin. 

His cheeks flushed at the thought that Y/n not only was listening to him but went out of her way to buy him this. 

His hands softly traced the material of the sweater and examined every small detail. 

His heart filled with joy and recognition as he smelled the scent of Y/n from the sweater. Vanilla and strawberries. The scent always lingered around him and brought him a sense of comfort. Something that his home life was devoid of. 

Wasting no time, Regulus ran into Pandora's dorm, forgetting to shut the door. He had hoped Y/n wouldn't be there since Pandora and Y/n shared a dorm, and fortunately, his wishes came true.

"Pandora, you have to see this!" 

"Hm?" 

"I swear Y/n is the kindest girl ever! She bought me this sweater and I'm sure of it and I'm freaking out because it's so perfect!" Regulus rambled on while he gestured to the sweater in his hands. 

"Oh wow, why don't you try it on?" Pandora suggested.

"No! If I try it on, I'll never be able to take it off, " Regulus whined. "Y/n has to stop doing this to me. She can't just do the cutest and nicest things and expect me not to fall in love with her. That's impossible!"

Suddenly, Pandora's expression turned panicked as she stared at something behind Regulus. Regulus chose to ignore this and slump his body on the bed. 

"Oh-uh who are you in love with again?" Pandora asked, hiding a small smile. 

"Y/n! I have been for ages, Pands!"

"Why don't you tell her then?" 

"Are you crazy? She doesn't like me back. She's kind-hearted, smart, funny, and just overall perfect! She's way out of my league." Regulus said with a sigh. 

"That's not true, Reg-" Y/n blurted from outside of the dorm before slapping a hand over her mouth.

"Y/n?" Regulus exclaimed as he turned around to face her with wide eyes. "How much of that did you hear?" 

"Basically everything." 

Regulus groaned when he realized lying about his feelings wasn't an option anymore. "I'm so sorry-" 

"No, don't be. I like you too, Regulus. In fact, I'm in love with you." 

"What?"

Y/n walked closer until her lips were ghosting over his. She cupped his cheek and whispered, "I have been since 2nd year." 

After hearing her confession, Regulus closed the gap between them and pressed his lips against her. It felt incredible to finally have Y/n in his arms after all the years of pining. 

Regulus pulled apart and murmured, "Can I be your boyfriend?" 

Y/n uttered a simple 'yes' before smashing their lips together once more.