Chapter 18: Reconciliation

Y/N: Your Name

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

10:00 a.m.

Monty out of nowhere started acting weird and freaked out.

Monty: B-Bonnie, I c-can explain. Y-You were standing under that thing and I c-couldn't do anything to stop it. I-I swear I didn't m-mean it I just.....ugh...forgive me

We all fell silent with what Monty had said...until Roxanne spoke

Roxanne: What was all that about? Why are you apologizing?

I began to process what had happened and questions also arose.

Y/N: Did something happen between you two?

Monty looked at the floor guiltily when I said that.

Monty: Yeah... I... I was to blame for Bonnie's disappearance

Chica, Spencer, Roxanne, and I just stared at Monty in total shock.

Chica: Monty... can you repeat what you just said?

Chica said while looking at Monty with a murderous face.

Monty got nervous but tried to answer anyway.

Monty: I...

Chica: AHHHH YOU DAMN BASTARD!

Chica yelled angrily before Monty finished speaking and tried to attack him but Roxanne and I were quicker and were able to catch her in time.

Chica: How could you!? He was part of us!

Roxanne: Chica, calm the fuck down! Monty, you better explain yourself while you can, you son of a bitch!

Spencer: Yeah, explain yourself while you can, son of-

Y/N: Spencer! Listen but don't repeat

Spencer: I'm sorry...

Chica: Ughh, I swear I'm gonna-

Bonnie: Can you please calm down for once!?

We all fell silent when Bonnie said that.

Bonnie: Monty will tell us everything but I need you to calm down and be quiet, okay?

Apparently Bonnie's words made Chica calm down because she started to take deep breaths until she finally calmed down.

Chica: You better tell the whole truth...

Monty: I will

Monty also took a deep breath, looked at us and began to tell what had really happened to Bonnie.

Monty: Bonnie and I liked to have fun, so after shows and kids' birthdays, we used to go to "Fazer Blast", "Bonnie's bowl" or even go to "Monty's Gator Golf" and... it was there when the accident happened...

Y/N: What happened there?

Monty took a small breath and continued talking.

Monty: Well... in "Monty's Gator Golf" besides playing golf, there's also another game where you have to shoot plastic balls to fill a giant bucket and win a prize... but... let's say that bucket is not so safe and tends to fall off its structure sometimes

When he said that, I already knew what he was going to say next.

Monty: That day we were playing that specific game and we managed to fill the giant bucket with the plastic balls.
I warned Bonnie about the unstable structure of the bucket...but...I couldn't do anything but watch as the bucket weighing at least two tons fell on him.