Breaking noses

Izzy walked down the corridor toward the quidditch fields for her first practice of the season, she had a confident walk with big strides due to that fact she was quite tall. She felt an arm grab her waist and presuming this to be James or maybe Sirius she didn't push it away, she turned around to face him and was caught off gaurd by Severus standing over her.
"What the fuck! Get your greasy hands off of me" she smacked his hands away.
"Expecting someone else huh?" He raised an eyebrow
"Ugh anybody but you" she hissed
"Oh so anyone can just grab you? Good to know your a little whore" Izzy stood there in shock, what the fuck was happening. She felt breathe on the back of her neck and a familiar arm wrap around her shoulders "Hey Izzy, Snivellus bothering you?" James's deep voice filled the air "uh ye, but its fine leave it James" Izzy replied putting a reassuring hand on his "Ye James leave it" Severus barked back making James lunge forward, Izzy grabbed his fist right before it reached snapes face.

She shook her head "Don't" there was silence between the group for a couple of seconds before Izzy continued "let me".
Before anyone realised what she had said her fist had come into contact with Snapes huge nose, he fell to the floor screaming like a child.
"If you ever speak to me like that again I promise you, you'll regret it" she snapped at him before turning on her heel and continuing her walk up the corridor. James stood over Snapes squealing body in disbelief for a moment before jogging to catch up with Izzy "Are you alright?" He questioned "yes James I'm fine I can handle myself" Izzy retaliated not really in the mood for this conversation. "I know I'm sorry I just don't like people disrespecting the ones I love" James said kicking a rock as he walked along not meeting Izzys eyes, "I know and I appreciate it" she leaned up and pecked his cheek before splitting away from him to go to the girls changing rooms.

                              ●●●●

Quidditch practice went well, it always did. Izzy and James were the best players on the team without question. They always worked really well together on the field. "Good practice ay?" James voice came from behind Izzy as he grabbed her waist and spun her around.
"Have you seen the sexual tension between Remus and Sirius recently?" James chuckled, Izzy shoved him "Hey be careful, someone could hear you" she scolded him "If word like that got back to his parents he'd be killed"

They entered the common room and were greeted by the smell of pine wood burning on the fire.
"Ello' how was practice" Sirius chimed from the sofa. He hadn't attended due to a 'sore leg'. They all knew he just wasn't bothered to go so late in the evening.
"The usual" Izzy smilled before plopping down on the arm chair, she rubbed her eyes and when she opened them again she found all the marauders staring at her, except for James who was  playing with his tie.
"The usual huh?" Remus stared at her, "Uhhh yes?" Izzy was confused to say the least. They all sat wide eyed infront of her, they looked quite amusing if she was being honest.
"Izzy you punched Snape!" Remus whisper shouted at her
"Oh yes... I forgot" Izzy shrugged.
"FORGOT!" Sirius shouted "how do you forget!" He continued "keep it down Sirius, it's not that big a deal okay" Izzy didn't want to talk about the incident earlier she felt the more they spoke about it the more likely word would get back to the teachers.
"Its just so cool, I'm sorry" Sirius threw his hands up in defence making Izzy role her eyes. She sat back into the arm chair and closed her eyes letting the wave of tiredness role over her.

When her eyes opened again it was due to someone gently shaking her shoulder.
"Hey Izzy you coming up to bed?" Lily smiled down at her,
"What ? What time is it ?" Izzy looked around the dark Common room dazed and confused.
"Its 11pm the boys left a while ago but they didn't want to wake you up" Lily helped Izzy up and they began walking to their dorm. "Practice really took it out of you today ay?" Lily chuckled,
"Ye... Quidditch" Izzy nodded. She had a lot going on and she knew damn well Lily wouldn't be happy she punched Snape. It was just another lie on the already growing list.

                              ●●●●

"Moony.....moony......moony surprise seeing you up here" Izzy chuckled as she sat beside him in the astronomy tower. "I like to stargaze" he replied calmly.
Remus had such a calming energy, anyone around him felt comfortable and safe, not to mention he gave the best hugs.
Izzy liked James and Sirius's masculine hugs that engulfed you and Peters little hugs that felt like a child had just grabbed you.
But Remus was gentle, he felt safe, he could warm you up on the coldest day or completely end the worst panic attack.

"You aren't usually up here on a Thursday" Izzy said matter of factly, "And you would know how?" Remus shot back
"Because I come here on a Thursday after potions and nobodys ever here" Izzy replied laying her head on Remus's shoulder,
"Is everything alright?" She questioned, "No." Remus replied bluntly giving no further explanation. His reply shocked Izzy, usually you would have to drag the information out of him. He wasn't one to admit when something was bothering him.

"Well what's wrong",
"full moon in a few days" Remus shrugged,
"Remus I know what your like on a full moon and this is different, tell me what's really wrong" Izzy insisted.

Remus took a deep breath, contemplating whether to reply truthfully or not. "I think.....I think I'm in love"

"What?" Izzy sat up "In love. With who?" Izzy knew the answer but she assumed Remus wouldn't admit it. "I think I'm in love with padfoot" Remus said in a defeated tone, he dropped his shoulders and stared at his fingers. "Well why do you sound so upset about it?" Izzy asked. "Because he doesn't love me the way I love him"
"I think sirius loves you back" Izzy brushed some hair out of her friends face "Really?" He looked up into her eyes.
"Yes, I see how he stares at you" Izzy grinned
"But the rules, no dating in the friend group" Remus said in a serious tone "Fuck the rules moony, we made them when we were eleven because you four were scared you would fall for my amazing charm and amazing looks and end up fighting over me"
"I don't know..." Remus chuckled and shook his head.
"Well don't worry I won't tell your secret" Izzy reassured him while getting up. He nodded his head to thank her and then turned his eyes back to the stars. "And don't stare at Sirius all night" Izzy joked looking up at the constellation her friend was named after.

Izzy headed back to her dorm still confused by what had just happend on top of the astronomy tower, but she was happy that remus had finnaly confided in her about his feelings for Sirius.

                                       ●●●●

"Oi, fellow mischief makers, fellow pranksters, fellow marauders" Sirius's voice boomed into the common room making the rest of the group turn their heads, "why are you speaking like that?" Peter looked up at his friend, "Because we The Marauders have been wronged" Sirius threw himself onto the sofa beside Remus. Izzy watched as Remus's cheeks turned a rosy pink .
"Please enlighten us padfoot" James rolled his eyes and continued reading his book.
"There is a party in the Slytherin common room and we Gryffindoors have not been invited" Sirius loved his theatrics "Probably because they don't like us" Peter said seriously making Izzy chuckle, "what are you laughing at beaky, they don't like you either" Sirius snapped.
"Actually Sirius your brother and his friends invited me to the party" a huge grin appeared on Izzys face as she watched her statement make all four boys turn and stare at her with open mouths.

"What! Why were you speaking to Regulus and why are you going to a party with him" James asked quickly closing the book in his hands. "Merlin prongs calm down. What are you jealous I got invited and you didn't?" Izzy laughed "I met him in the hall and he asked if I wanted to go, he is my cousin" she shrugged "So are the rest of the girls"
"Well bring us!" Sirius whined,
"Uhm no, I'm going with Lily, Marlene, Mary and Alice. And the Slytherins hate you, I'm not showing up with you" Izzy laughed getting up from her seat and heading out of the common room leaving the boys in pure shock.

"Well I guess we just have to sneak in then" Sirius sat back into the sofa and threw his feet onto Remus's lap. He was confident in his ability to sneak into their enemys common room. "Who's coming up with the plan?" He looked around the group. "Remus" James and Peter replied in unison.