Chapter 2

"Your smile is so ugly it makes me want to hurt myself intentionally."

"I'm just saying that I don't watch to watch Fifty Shades of Grey," Harry replies to April and Maye stubbornly as I start walking over

"I'm just saying that I don't watch to watch Fifty Shades of Grey," Harry replies to April and Maye stubbornly as I start walking over. "Porn has so much more to offer, don't you think, Jaycee?"

"I'm not included in this conversation," Jaycee rips a huge chunk of crust of her sandwich, chewing on it like it would be her last ever meal.

I plonk myself down onto the grass beside Jaycee, a frown on my face with my bag resting on my lap. Here at Sampson High, you have the choice of either sitting in the cafeteria or in the courtyard where there are trees and metal seats for you.

Jaycee and I had claimed this huge oak tree at the start of sophomore year, and that's where our group has sat the whole duration of junior and the minority of senior. It's a nice place - calm, serene and secluded so that we can make as much noise as we please. Plus, it also means we don't have to deal with listening to the incessant chatter inside the cafeteria which is pretty fantastic if you ask me.

"What crawled up your butt and died?" Jaycee asks with a mouth full of bread crust.

I cringe, turning my attention off her mouth. "You wouldn't believe it," I shake my head, "Not even I can."

Jaycee shoots me a look that practically says 'spill'. I laugh at her, before telling her all about what Jacob-freaking-Summers did approximately five minutes ago. By the end, Jaycee was half surprised and half ready to chop her cousin's head off.

"He has problems," Jaycee concludes. I nod vigorously. He sure does. Who does he think he is, demanding me for a freaking kiss over a slice of pizza? He knows I hate him with an utmost passion, and I'm pretty sure that's why he does half the things he does. He probably did that just so he could have something to laugh about and joke with his friends for the next few days.

Again, I hate him.

"He's your cousin," I point out with a cheeky smile. "I can definitely see that as well," I watch as she shovels more of her ham and cheese sandwich into her mouth, "You're a pig, you know that? A downright pig."