Chapter 5

Grace had to start scouting the giant's home as soon as possible. And that meant now. She hurried towards the door of the room, inspecting every inch for an exit. When she got to the door, she hid behind the wall and peaked out. The coast was clear. Grace slipped out from behind the wall and made her way to the other end of the hallway, finding a door to her left that looked to be an exit. On Grace's right, however, she saw Aaden eating something while fiddling with a strange black rectangular box.

Luckily his attention was diverted towards the box, so he didn't notice her. Grace snuck towards the door to her left, quiet as a mouse. She was hoping to get a closer look at the exit. Once she got there, she noticed a pad between the door and the ground, probably for insulation. That would make this an exit into the outside world. Grace made a mental note of the exit and cheered silently, pumping her tiny fist into the air.

After a bit more inspection, Grace found that this was the only exit. This was both a good and a bad thing. She only had to keep track of one door, but she had nothing to fall on if she was discovered while trying to escape. She decided to head back to the closet, so Aaden wouldn't notice that she left.

When Grace arrived back, she saw that there was another large spoon of soup. She figured that Aaden must have left it there, thinking that she was too scared to come out. Grace started drinking the soup, thinking into the details of her escape. Whenever Aaden left through the front door, she could stick an object in the doorway. This would hopefully prop it open enough for Grace to slip out and make her escape.

As Grace finished up the soup, she climbed back into the storage cabinet. She ducked under the entrance to her makeshift blanket tent. She unzipped her backpack and pulled out a notebook. In it, she started sketching what she knew of Aaden's home so far. She also started to outline other details and potential escape methods.

As Grace did this, Aaden was worried. He thought that he had made progress in making the tiny lady feel more comfortable. But she hid when Aaden came into the room. And in the afternoon, Grace must have eaten quickly and hidden herself again, because Aaden only found the empty spoon. Now it was evening and he had yet to see her since their morning encounter. He had considered lifting up the blanket that Grace had turned into a tent of sorts and talking to her. Except that would break their trust, not to mention it would make Aaden an asshole. Aaden didn't want to break their delicate trust or be an ass, so he opted not to do that.

Grace was tired. It wasn't really late, but she had fallen asleep late last night due to the events that occurred. After a moment of being lost in thought, she hopped onto the heavily blanketed floor of her tent and yawned. It didn't take her long to drift into sleep.

Aaden was tremendously worried about Grace, but he decided it could wait until the morning. It was already pretty late into the night now, so she had probably nodded off. Besides, who was he to stop her if she wanted to leave. Since Aaden wasn't all that tired, he decided to consider certain things related to Grace's size. Like what could she eat? Soup worked, but it wasn't ideal to keep repeating the same meal over and over. After some consideration, Aaden came up with this list:

Soup

Scrambled eggs

Avocado

Yogurt

Soft fruit (peach, banana)

Milk

It wasn't much, but it was all Aaden could muster for now. But there were still some things he needed to address. How would she shower? Maybe the sink? Yeah, that should work. How would the tiny girl get out though? Aaden didn't want to invade her privacy. Maybe some string for her to climb to the ground would do. What about clothes? He could maybe get some sort of dolls' clothing, but that might not fit. He hopped on to Amazon and searched for "5 inch doll clothes," and luckily there were some results. He hoped he had gotten Grace's size right. Aaden was also quite embarrassed to be ordering these, but he figured that the delivery worker wouldn't know what was inside the package. He put them in his cart and checked out. They would arrive tomorrow. Aaden also wanted to ask the little woman how long she wanted to stay. Maybe some long term arrangements could be made if need be, but he doubted that Grace would stay for long.

Aaden was getting tired. He kicked off his flip-flops and yawned. It had been a long day, but it was amazing to meet a miniature human. It had been an odd sensation, having a person at his mercy. Obviously, he didn't want to harm Grace though. Laying in his bed, Aaden smiled thinking of her, and sleep overtook him swiftly.