chapter 25

Let's go to the story.,...

A few minutes later...

Charu heard the curtains move and saw her doctor enter her husband's bedside...

"Mrs Aryan", he said in surprise.
Immediately he touched a cool hand to her forehead and then another to her wrist to check her pulse. Satisfied he nodded and then tried to guide her to her bed.

C: no, what's wrong with him?

Her doctor hesitated  unsure of how much he should tell her given her loss already. Charu shook her head and said
"Tell me. You told me of the miscarriage. Tell me what's wrong with my husband"

Her doctor took a deep breath before he finally spoke
"He wasn't wearing a seatbelt. When the car was hit, his body endured the worst of the impact because he hadn't been secured in place. When they found you,he had moved his position to cover you. But he broke three major bones and had a massive internal bleeding in his brain. If he had been wearing a seatbelt the internal bleeding wouldn't have been a problem. We suspect that his whiplash was hard enough to injure his head and neck. It took hours for us in surgery and another few to ensure he no longer needed to be in the ICU. He was shifted to this room only a few hours back"

Charu wanted to scream but instead found the composture to gesture for the doctor to continue." His recovery will be harder than yours Mrs Aryan. He will need physiotherapy once his casts are off. We will need to monitor him for another week to ensure that we didn't miss any of his bleedings. But truly we don't know the impact to his mind until he wakes up. Which could be an hour from now on or two days later or even more. But the faster he wakes up Mrs Aryan, the better"

The doctor moved past her to the monitor and rear Mr Aryan's vitals.

He'll wake up,she thought to herself. He'll wake up for vivaan,he could never leave him alone with me in the world.

Charu never had a chance to know him personally. He never indulged her in matters that was anything related to him. But she knew her husband well enough to know that he was stubborn,that his will power could bend fate in his favour. That in many ways it already  had. Her doctor asked her once more if she  wanted to move back to her bed but Charu refused. He left her in silence and closed the curtains to them both.

Charu couldn't breathe and the tears she had been holding in finally burst . She was exhausted,her body sore and her heart in pain. She clutched her stomach, the emptiness of her womb pulsing through her ,and with her free hand she reached for akash's bruised one. Where would they go from here? How could this have happened to them? How could  god thought that vivaan would survive alone in the world without them?

____________________

Two days......it has been two days since she woke up .... Two days had passed by but her husband did not show any signs of waking up......

Today rakshan and ram had informed that they would be visiting her to adress some important issues....

She was not sure what they was going to discuss with her nevertheless she woke up earlier than yesterday and had requested  the doctor to allow her  out of their room after much convincing.... sighing she moved towards the balcony where people would rarely passby except for the janitor... according to Mr Ram.

Rk: enna plan pannitu iruka?

Startled she turned backwards and was met with a furious rakshan and an apologetic looking ram

C: Anna...enn------

Rk: yaaruku yaaru Anna? Ennoda Akash ku  edira edavadhu seiyalam nu nee yosicha nu vechiko....nee nenaikarathu ku munnadi yae un thala illama panniduven.