Chapter 6

Rewritten

Published 12/26/22

I stared at Bakugo, giving him an unimpressed stare. I wasn't mad or riled up, as I most probably would have said something along the lines of "I pledge... that class 1-A, and only class 1-A will emerge victorious, standing at the top. May the best and only the best win."

The first test was an obstacle course. I calmly walked through the crowd, placing a simple genjutsu on everyone, making them part, opening up a path for me.

"Wow! What's this?! The rest of the students are parting to make way for class 1-A's Hatake Akira! And Todoroki Shoto, also from class 1-A has shot ice at the entrance!" 

I jumped up a bit, avoiding the ice.

'You've got to do better than that, Todoroki-san.'

I frowned as Todoroki and I reached the first obstacle. The giant robots stood, towering over us. Todoroki dashed towards them, freezing them. I dashed after him, realizing how it was about to fall. I followed Todoroki until I got to the second obstacle. The fall. It would be easy to just shunshin across, but that might attract too much attention. I opted to jump from one platform to the other.

"Wow! What amazing jumping power!"

I stopped once I reached the end, looking back to see Todoroki and Bakugo, as well as others catching up. I slowed down almost unnoticeably, letting Todoroki and Bakugo pass me. The two stopped in front of the landmines. It brought back memories of Iwagakure's landmine defense on a certain secluded part of their village. I ignored the memory, instead focusing on the fake landmine ground. I had proceeded with care like Todoroki and Bakugo would in Iwagakure, but here, you could see where the mines were. In Iwa, I lost my whole team, save for Itachi, to the exploding traps. I quickly made my way through, careful not to get too far ahead. I smiled as I saw Midoriya soar above me. Todoroki and Bakugo chasing after him. I let them pass me.

They deserved it more than I did.

—x—

It didn't seem real to Midoriya. He was first. Then he looked at the scores. Akira may have been the new transfer, but he knew that Akira rose above them in every way. It wasn't right.

'Is she looking down on us?'

—x—

Bakugo was fuming. Right from the very start. He was angry when the whole crowd parted for her like she was some kind of queen, but he was even angrier when she slowed down, slightly, just enough that he passed her. She wasn't giving her all. Even more than Todoroki, she angered him.

'Is this all a game to you?'

—x—

Confusion, and slight rage, boiled in Todoroki. He noticed how she slowed after she completed the fall. She let them win. She let them pass her. Was she so arrogant, as to not give her all? This was different from how he did it, because Akira rose above them. She was better than them. That much could be said. Akira was letting them win. Todoroki was not.

'You're better than us, so why? Are you so arrogant as to say no matter what you will win? Or are you saying you don't need to win to be the strongest?'

—x—

Bakugo grabbed my collar, anger evident in his eyes.

"Why did you do that?!" He shouted at me.

I feigned innocence, pretending to look at him with confused eyes. He growled.

"You know what I'm talking about! You let us win! Don't act like you don't know!"

I eyed Todoroki and Midoriya. They were thinking the same thing. I sighed. I don't care.

"Let go of me." I said, my eyes narrowed and I summoned up my ANBU self.

—x—

Akira's eyes glazed over into a dead look, her voice and expression, even the way she held herself showed no emotion. She was surrounded by an elegant and regal aura (so different from the lazy and uncaring one) that practically screamed "bow down before me, peasant."

The cold look from her was enough to get Bakugo to let go of her instinctively. Todoroki, Midoriya, and a few others who had arrived straightened their backs, shivering at her gaze. Akira walked away from the crowd. No one dared to stop her, and she became more unapproachable than she already was.

Todoroki swore he heard the pedestal rise to the clouds, unreachable, and untouchable.

A/N: Hey hey hey!

So, I borrowed a few ideas here from @Sintenima and @MTDSOW. Hope you two don't mind! They are amazing writers, and I really love their books.