Chapter 22

A/N:

1. I am so sorry for my inconsistent schedule with publishing chapters lol. I'll try to start publishing more often, but even though school is ending soon, and I'm getting less busy with school, my family and I are moving to another country for a year, so it's been pretty busy.

2. 6K READS?! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH!!! At first I didn't think my book would get much readers, so thank you :D and to those of you who comment, thank you so much! I was so happy when I received my first comment, and every comment since then has brightened my day! Thank you guys!

This is more of a short, sweet flashback chapter, so enjoy :)

::

Bakugo sighed, lying down on the grassy field and staring up at the clouds.

::

"Bakugo-san? Where are we going?" Akira followed him as he briskly walked to a clear open field.

"Fight me!"

Akira sweatdropped, shaking her head. "...no..."

"Hah?! Why?! Fight me!" Bakugo repeated.

Akira's expression became blank. "You're mad... but not at me... You're mad... but at what?"

Bakugo visibly froze. "Hah?! Shut it!"

Akira gracefully sat down, the long flowing skirt she was wearing flailing out like petals of a flower.

"It's okay. I won't pry... To be honest, I'm mad too."

Akira thought of the countless deaths and sufferings the people around her had been through.

"Deep down... you are actually really kind, right? You care. I can feel it." Akira looked up at him, her eyes holding a tiny bit of life. "I... I care too."

Bakugo was shocked. After all, Akira was the closed off and antisocial person of 1-A. They didn't know much about her. Bakugo had also thought she didn't care about the class. Until he overheard their conversation.

::

"You always try to distance yourself from us... but, you care, don't you? I don't get it. Shouldn't you try to get closer to the people you care about?" Todoroki asked.

Akira frowned.

"No."

"You're lying. To yourself and to me."

"I- Stop, Todoroki."

"No. You-"

Akira snapped.

"Well, I'm sorry I don't want to lose you guys too."

::

Those words that struck deep into Bakugo. She had snapped with Todoroki, but to him she was willingly speaking, without him even having to ask?

Why him?

"Why... are you telling me this?" Bakugo's voice was softer, quieter now.

Akira only let a gentle smile. "Because someone once told me... to open yourself and be honest... You... honestly, you remind me of someone I knew. Well, a mixture of them both, a mixture of what they once were... Maybe... that's why... I'm telling you this now." Akira's eyes closed, forming a crescent shape. "Because he was mad, but like you, he also cared."

She formed a fadeaway look in her eyes. "I... considered him my little brother."

::

Stop... stop faking that smile.

I wish... just maybe... you might... be able to fully smile.

A sincere, genuine, happy smile.

Just once would be enough for me.

Just one smile,

Full of life

Full of happiness

Just once...

Don't smile for us...

Smile for yourself.