Chapter 17

Hope you like it!

Published 3/29/23

Previously On: Hatake Akira Naruto x Bnha

Todoroki froze as he felt an aminous aura behind him. He turned around just in time, to see a chipped blade, glinting at an angle that made Todoroki close his eyes. It was in mid air,

Right. To. His. Neck.

: :

Todoroki's instincts kicked in, but even as he did it, he knew.

His ice and fire was far too slow to block this.

'Is this the end?' Todoroki had a pretty bad life, but that didn't mean he was done yet.

Then, from the corner of his eye, Tdoroki saw something, speeding right toward him.

'No. Not toward me.' Todoroki realized. 'Toward the blade.'

It hit the blade perfectly in the center of it, spinning it off balance, and knocking it to the ground. Todoroki looked in shock, glancing at Akira, who was busy exchanging blows with the 'black thing'. She skidded to a stop, separating for a moment, not sparing a glance at Todoroki. He still knew, though, that it was her. The way she didn't even look back to see if the rock hit, was only the confidence that, no matter what, the rock had hit its mark.

Todoroki turned back to Stain, who now Held the chipped blade, his eyes frantic, holding a crazed look. Stain launched at him, Todoroki meeting each one of his blows with some form of ice or fire.

–x–

Akira walked leisurely through the halls of the hospital, her eyes closed peacefully. She opened the door, greeted by three of her classmates. Todoroki sat cross legged on his thin blankets, his head turned in Akira's direction. Iida sat at an almost 90° angle, his hands wrapped in casts. Unlike Todoroki, he didn't look her in the eyes. Instead, he looked away, his head tilted downwards. Midoriya's bed was reclined, his eyes closed.

"Akira-san, Hello." Todoroki was the first to break the silence.

Akira nodded in acknowledgement. "Hello, Todoroki-san."Akira's eyes flickered to Midoriya. "He hasn't woken up yet?" She asked.

Todoroki shook his head. "He did, for a bit. He's exhausted, so he is taking a nap." Todoroki informed.

"I see. Iida-san." Akira's voice did a 180° from her soft, concerned voice she had shown to Todoroki and Midoiriya. Her voice was neither accusing, nor was it angry, but held disappointment, sadness, worry, and, most surprisingly, a bit of fear.

Iida gave her a little nod, flinching at his name.

"I-I'm sorry, Akira-san. I-I wasn't thinking straight. I- because of me, you got hurt. I'm sorry!"

Akira's eyes were shadowed over.

"Did it make you happy?" She asked, disappointment and pure, raw vulnerability seeped into her voice. "Did you find any satisfaction? Any fulfillment? Look around you! Midoriya, Todoroki. They would not be here, in this hospital, had you not gone after Stain. Maybe The pro hero, Native would have died, but look, Iida! If Midoriya hadn't appeared. If Todoroki hadn't appeared, can you say with certainty that you would be here? Do you know how much trouble you caused to everyone around you? Do you know how much trouble you caused your interning hero? Or Aizawa sensei? Or the police? I'm fine. My burns have settled and my wounds will heal, but do you know how much of a mess you made? Your quirk would have been perfect. You could have escaped quickly with Native and called for help. Had you done that, Your fellow classmates would have been fine. We would not be here. Do you know how much trouble you caused?"

Iida looked down, shame covering her face.

"I'm sorry..." He muttered.

Akira only let out a long, tired sigh, running her hand through her hair. "It's fine. I- it's just... I've seen someone I loved walk down the path of revenge. I watched him suffer and struggle." Akira looked away. "I watched him give up everything. He gave his heart, his soul, his life for revenge, only to find that not all villains are truly villains. Not everything is as it seems. He was left only feeling despair and sadness. Or, that would have happened, had he not felt so numb. He gave up everything, with nothing but bitterness in return."

And suddenly, Akira looked too old for her age. Too mature. Too sad.

Then, she turned so her back was facing them, her eyes endless pool of faded gold you couldn't see.

"I have to go." She said.

"Wait!" Iida called out. When Aria stopped walking, he continued. "You... suffered third degree burns, right? Those marks that appeared on your skin... they didn't just disappear. And... you... your body is littered with injuries that, at the moment, were considered fatal... right? How- How are you still standing? And... I don't think... the pain just fades away easily... Are you okay?"

She tilted toward them just enough to see the shadow that had seemed to cast over her face.

"I don't need you to worry about me. If you must know, though, no one is ever completely okay. There are moments someone can be, completely, undeniably okay, but it is a fleeting thing. And someone such as me? Such a thing as being "okay" is a thought we cannot feed ourselves, nor take the privilege, for then we would be feeding ourselves lies." Akira thought of Itachi, and the pain and suffering he went through. "No. I'm not okay. Not since the time my innocence was taken away, replaced by deep understanding I worked to acquire. However, even in the midst of not being "okay" I am fine. I stand tall. The blood of many coats my hands. Stains my face. Splatters my clothes. And seep through my bones. Yet still, even as their memories haunt me, I am used to the pain. The worst of scenarios, in which I have become numb, has yet to happen. There is no reason to care for me, as I do not care for you anymore than the stranger which crosses the street at dawn, or the men and women in the forest, two months and five years ago, at 7:45 PM, all of which whom died at my hand." Akira's left hand came up into the confrontation seal, and she nodded, before vanishing, leaving nothing in her wake, but a single droplet of salty water.