What you least expect

I wake up to the bright sun shining through the window. i was extremely hungry since i didn't eat last night. i go down the large steps to find Amber making Blake breakfast. Both of them had messy hair, and rings under their eyes.

"How did you sleep last night?'' i asked the two. They looked at each other and at the same time said ''Great." "Soooooo..." said Blake awkwardly. "how's the weather?" "you tell me" i said to him as all of us at once looked out the window at the pooring rain. Amber quickly changed the subject and offered me breakfast. I ate a bowl or two of cereal and headed down to the basement for some peace and quiet.

After a few minutes of sitting in the comfy chairs downstairs i almost fell asleep when there was a sudden flash of light. i turn around and everything is the way i remember, except something is different. there is a door from were the light flashed. I've been to Amber's house multiple times and never saw that door.

i got up out of the chair to investigate the door. i opened it to find a folding table that contained a laptop, files, and a picture of Amber's family. I guided my finger along the mouse pad, on the laptop, to have the screen become bright.the screen had last been on a video. I clicked the large play button to find a video of Amber's parents in a lab.

the video went something like this...

Amber's mom fixed her goggles then held up a sign that read 'test 12: anti-infection serum' her dad then listed many medical terms and measurements such as weight, size, and other things. they both walked over to a small girl almost my age, she had brown hair about down to her shoulders. she was sitting on a hospital bed, in the robes that sick children wear. she was very tall and a little tan. But the thing that stood out most was the exceptionally huge swollen bite on the side of her neck.