Betrayal

:::::Gunners Pov:::::
I wake up to hear someone whispering something. I get up out of bed and press my ear against the door.
"Okay so I did your dirty work now where's my end of the bargain?" I hear a familiar voice say.
"Fine whatever. Here. Bullet proof vest, and two pistols." An unknown voice says.
"Hey don't try to play me." The familiar voice says.
I hear a sigh,"Fine here's the stuff."
I crack my door open to see two guys, one my age and one about 18 or 19. The older one wore all black and a leather jacket that has a logo across the back reading 'Watchers'.
"Okay now leave before someone sees you." The familiar voice says.
The older one nods and runs off revealing who the voice was...
Thomas.

::::::Rachael's Pov:::::
I wake up to Gunner standing over me, looking down on me. It is silent before Gunner states quietly,
"Get some warm clothes on and follow me."
He then leaves the room as I put on my clothes quickly. I grab my pack and rush out the door. In the hall I see Gunner. He puts a finger to his lips and signals for me to follow him. I listen and follow him out of the door into the cold winter air. We continue walking with no words spoken. I follow him through a patch of trees and over a creek until we reach a small bridge that goes over a small lake.
Gunner then stops and leans against the side of it.
"We need to leave." He says, mumbling under his breath.
"What? Why?" I ask, surprised at the request.
"Just trust me for once on this. If you are going to stay safe we need to leave." He says.
"But why?" I ask, facing Gunner.
"Because I don't trust these people!" He yelled.
"You don't trust my own friends?!" I yell.
"Look I trusted people and all that ended up with is everyone around me paying the price for it!!!" He yelled.
"Look you have to stick up for people and sometimes that invokes losing things along the way! But you gotta do what you gotta do!" I say projecting my voice.
"Says the girl who was going to leave and ditch everyone!" Gunner spits like venom.
"And you only stayed cause there was no way to escape!" He yelled.
"NO I STAYED BECAUSE I COULDN'T LEAVE YOU!" I yelled, I realized what I said and we stood in silence, both looking at our feet.
"I stayed... because I knew I couldn't get through it without...you." I say quietly.
"This whole thing has been hard. With Blake, then Carson, and Amber, and Lauren, and..." I freeze holding back tears,"...Nick." Gunner looks at me a frown still planted on his face. It wasn't angry though it was more filled with sorrow.
"It's just all been hell and honestly you're the only one keeping me going. You have always been there. And I'm not just talking about the apocalypse, you have always been there. And I don't know how you stick around but you always have and I couldn't imagine just leaving and turning my back on you."
I wipe my eyes and smile.
"You are the only family I have left." I say.
I notice him look to me with I smile.
I laugh,"Damn I am such a cheeseball."
Gunner laughs and agrees. I push the hair out of my face and smile. We begin to walk back and Gunner tosses me a charm. It's a small hourglass. I smile.
"Thanks!"
"Hey it's you and me, to hell and back." Gunner smiled before nudging me.

:::::TimeSkip:::::
I hum a song as I braid my hair. I hear the door open and Thomas walks in.
"Hey." I say.
"Hey." He says sitting next to me.
We sit in silence before he looks to me.
"Hey can I ask you a serious question?" He asks.
"Of course." I say,"What is it?"
"Well you know Gunner." He says.
"Yes I know Gunner!" I say.
"Well do you know anything about him being bit or i dont know I his blood type?" He says.
"Um no? Why do you ask?" I say.
"Oh um- Vecto- Vincent was asking." He says stuttering.
"O-K" I say going back to my hair.
"Love you." He says before leaving the room.
"Love you?" I say.
What the hell was that about?
I shrug it off before I lay against the wall to rest.
:::::TimeSkip:::::
"She's in there. Tie her up and see if you can get anything out of her."
My door opens and three mid teens men in black come in and grab my arms and put them behind my back.
"Careful she's useful." A voice says as they walk into my dark room.
I look up to see Thomas.
"Thomas?" I say.
"Ah Rachael, the girl I found in the Target. The best friend of my gangs target." He smirked.
"Y-you lied to me?" I say, betrayal filled my body.
"Lied to you? Of course. Besides it wasn't that hard either. So trusting, it's pathetic really. I thought you would be harder to get you interested but I clearly know what I'm doing." He smirked.
Then everything went black.

::::::TimeSkip::::::
:::Gunners Pov:::
The dark room was soon lit as Thomas entered the room. He neared me and circled around me.
"Ah Gunner Walsh. The boy who was immune. The one who for every person he saved he killed thousands more. How does it feel eh, knowing you will someday rot in hell?" Thomas smirked slapping me across the face.
I went to slap him back but my wrists were being constricted by metal chains.
"Thomas eh? The boy who lied to a girl who adored you, just to get intel on her best friend. She trusted and loved you and you stabbed her in the back. Sounds like your average fuck-boy." I smirk.
"You think your clever eh Walsh." He said before kicking me hard in the shin.
I yelp in pain. Thomas chuckles before pulling out his gun and putting the end right on my forehead.
"Right here Right now. I could end you Walsh." He says.
I close my eyes ready for death when the door slams open revealing a large zombie. It had so many gaping holes and warts it barely looked human anymore. I gasp as Thomas begins to shoot at it. I grab my smaller knife out of my pants pocket and attempt to unlock my chains. I twist the knife over and over until the door flies open.
"Gunner!" Rachael yells.
She rushes to me and sees the scars and bruises on my face.
"What happened?" She asks worry in her tone.
"Thomas happened." I say frowning,"you okay?" I ask.
She nods,"I didn't see the others I think they might be in the auditorium. We need to leave now!"
She grabs the gun out of her pocket and I join her, pulling my hatchet out of its holder.
::::::Rachael's Pov::::::
I grab my pistol and Gunner grabs his hatchet. Gunner begins to be-head the creature as I run towards Thomas. I close the door before he could escape. He was unarmed and rather scared. I neared him till he was cornered. Gunner took a final slice at the creature, damaging the brains, and joined me.
"Rachael! Rachael baby. I promise they made me! They threatened to kill me." Thomas said.
I neared him with an understanding look. His expression softens.
"I believe you." I say.
"Really?" He says.
I kick him between his legs.
"I would if you weren't an asshole."
Gunner chuckles to himself. I back up as Thomas sits in pain.
"Would you like to do the honors?" I ask Gunner in a posh voice.
"Yes, yes I would." Gunner says smirking.
He nears Thomas and kicks his stomach,
"That's for playing Rachael!" He spits like venom.
He turns around and then sharply turns back and steps on his hand,
"That's for spying on us!"
He then pulls out his gun and points it to his forehead.
"And this is for everything else." Gunner says.
He pulls the trigger and Thomas falls to the ground.
Dead.
Gunner and I look at him for a second before seeing a writing on the back of his neck.
Gunner pull the hem of his shirt down.
Watcher 213 - Spy - Thomas Green
"Let's go find the others." I say.