Chapter 14

These past six weeks, Booger had been living the good life. He'd unofficially moved in with Joana and they were working toward getting back together. Joana had been pampering Booger, buying him clothes, shoes, and throwing him the booty whenever he pleased. Booger was basking in the fact that he was finally being treated like a man rather than a boy. He came home to home cooked meals and was showered with love by his baby's mama and two daughters.

All Booger had to do was watch his daughters while Joana went to work. Which was most of the time. Joana had picked up a night job doing security to keep food on the table and a roof over their heads. She hated that she spent less time with the girls, she complained to Booger about it a lot. Of course Booger never took the initiative to get a job himself. But he did constantly reassure her it was the best thing to do for their family.

Booger was enjoying being a family man. He had to admit, it was more work than he expected. He didn't like waking up early to get the girls to preschool and daycare on time. And he dreaded when they came home on most days because they were so damn active. But he did enjoy the times where his daughters showed him genuine love and admiration. He lived for those moments.

Booger was getting used to being a full-time dad. He was so used to popping in and out of his children's lives, being present all the time was quite overwhelming. He found relief when his daughters were away. Their overly hyper asses annoyed him most of the time but he still loved them a lot.

Booger was currently in New Jersey with the girls. Being around them twenty-four-seven inspired Booger to be more active in his other kids' lives as well. So, unbeknownst to Joana, Booger took their daughters to Shelesha's apartment so the sisters and brothers could spend time together.

Booger really admired the way Shelesa kept the kids preoccupied. He had to learn how to find things to keep them busy so they wouldn't be aggravating the hell out of him all the time. Shelesha had mastered this skill. But being a single mother of two boys would do that to a woman. When a single parent had no help, they ended up becoming creative.

The kids were having a movie day. They sat on the floor eating a bunch of snacks such as popcorn, cheese doodles, fruit snacks, and Capri suns. They laughed and talked amongst themselves about the movie Toy Story. Shelesha had the whole movie list ready. After Toy Story, they'd be watching Toy Story 2. Which so far, had the girls extra excited because they had their dolls and teddy bears with them.

Booger and Shelesha sat on the couch, watching the movie with the kids for a while. When Booger kept rubbing Shelesha's leg, they gave each other a knowing look. Shelesha smirked and got up. Booger eyed her, taking in Shelesha's thick frame. Those two boys definitely put some meat on her, all in the right places too. Shelesha had a little gut, flappy skin, and stretch marks that she was a little bothered by. But both of her baby daddies praised her body so much, she wasn't tripping over it too much.

While the kids focused their attention on the movie, Booger and Shelesha snuck out of the living room. They walked right past the kids and went into Shelesha's room. Booger shut and locked Shelesha's room door.

Shelesha climbed onto the bed, flopping back and throwing one leg over the other. Booger swaggered over to her, lying beside her. He laid his head on the pillow as they gazed at each other.

            "Nice of you to stop by," Shelesha started, eyeing him with a raised brow.

Booger slapped her thigh. "Chill on me. I came here to have my boys spend time with they sisters. Don't do me like I'm some deadbeat," Booger said.

Shelesha dismissed what he said. "The boys and I have been missing you," she admitted.

            "I've been missing y'all too." He moved in closer to her, kissing her lips. "I just been getting my shit together. I've been working on myself so I can be a better father to my kids."