Chapter 25

Vanessa left out of her work building, staring at her phone. This is pathetic, Vanessa thought to herself. She was highly annoyed with herself. It had been three days since she last heard from Casey. He had sexed her good, ate her even better and then disappeared. She hadn't heard anything from him since he took her to breakfast after they had sex three days ago.

Vanessa had been checking her phone every five to ten minutes, hoping for a message from him. But of course, she was met with disappointment every time. Vanessa climbed into her car and slammed the door shut. She rested her head against the headrest.

"Pull it together, girl." Vanessa scolded herself. "That man does not want you."

Vanessa had never pegged Casey to be someone to lead a woman on. But that was the vibes she had been getting from him. One minute he was on her heavy, the next he was nowhere to be found. This was unlike him but then again, how well did she know Casey anymore? It had been years since she last spent quality time with him.

Vanessa snapped out of her thoughts when her phone went off. It was a message from Trenton. It sort of surprised her being that she hadn't heard much from him lately.

Trenton: Call me

Vanessa grew nervous seeing that message for some reason. It could be her guilty conscious but she had a bad feeling about this. She clicked his contact information and called him.

"Hey," Trenton answered right away.

"Hey. Everything okay?" Vanessa inquired.

Trenton paused. "Are you busy right now? Can we meet up?" Trenton asked.

Vanessa checked the time. It was 4:02 PM. She had told Avery she'd meet up with her but she could reschedule.

"Um, I'm free. Where did you wanna meet up?" Vanessa replied.

"In front of my old building," Trenton said. "Don't worry, I won't hold you too long," he added.

Vanessa's face contorted into a look of confusion. "Um, okay. I'm on my way."

"Coo'. See you." He responded before ending the call.

Vanessa opened up her text messages and told Avery she'd be late. She said if she didn't hear from her in the next hour that they'd reschedule their plans. After that, Vanessa locked her phone and headed to see what her boyfriend wanted to talk about.

The whole drive there, Vanessa was swallowed with guilt. She knew that she and Trenton were supposed to be on a fresh start. She was supposed to be paying more attention to her boyfriend. And most importantly, being faithful to her boyfriend.

The thought of getting caught cheating... again, made her stomach hurt. Vanessa quickly brushed those thoughts aside as she pulled up in front of Trenton's building. He was already outside on the phone when she arrived.

Vanessa turned off her car and watched him in awe. If Trenton wasn't anything else, he sure was handsome. And had Vanessa been around more, she'd notice that his wardrobe was beginning to change as well. He was dressing more business casual on his days off. It was mainly because he and Ashley had been volunteering at the local middle school as basketball coaches while their regular coach was out due to surgery.

Vanessa's nipples hardened when Trenton got into the car and the smell of his cologne and a mild mixture of weed lit it up. She couldn't help but smile when she saw him. He almost looked different. He had this glow to him that she'd never seen before and his smile was beaming.

"Hey Vanessa." Trenton greeted, closing the car door and leaning in to give her a hug.

Vanessa hugged him and kissed his neck. When they pulled apart Trenton had his eyebrow arched. He was smirking a bit but he quickly wiped it off of his face.