Chapter 19

Ashley looked over at the beautiful man in complete awe. It was crazy how this man had Ashley feeling more alive than she'd felt in the last five years. She was stunned by how well he had gotten to know her in these short few months. She was literally fighting back tears as they walked through the basketball stadium together.

            "How'd you know?" Ashley asked, as they walked to their seats.

Trenton shrugged. "Wild guess," he laughed softly. "I mean, every time I see you you're always wearing a Bulls jersey."

Ashley blushed, tucking some of her hair behind her ear. Her lips contorted into a pout although she was far from sad. "T, really?" She whined, her hand over her chest.

            "I told you I owed you one." Pride swelled his chest at the appreciative look on Ashley's face. He was damn sure glad he picked correctly because he literally blew two checks to get Ashley a floor seat view to the Chicago Bulls playing against the Los Angeles Lakers.

They took a seat together as they waited for the game to start. They had already stopped at the concession stand and bought beers. They sipped and looked around as everyone was amped up ready for the game to start. Trenton tried his hardest not to steal glances at Ashley but he was failing miserably.

Ever since Ashley gave him a ride to work three months ago, they'd been chatting almost every day on Facebook. It started off with infrequent messages saying good morning and have a nice day. And they'd like each other's statuses here and there. However, everything changed when Ashley ran into Trenton at the local park.

They were both excited to see each other for some reason. Neither one of them would admit that it was because they were highly attracted to each other. So they both opted to play clueless.

That day they played three rounds of basketball. Trenton won two times and Ashley won the last round, simply because Trenton was tired. After they hooped, Ashley offered to take him out to eat. Trenton declined, not wanting to seem like a mooch and instead invited her upstairs for a home cooked meal.

Ashley was skeptical at first because although he seemed cool, she didn't really know him that well. But despite her cautiousness, she went upstairs with him anyway. Warning him that she had no problem tazing him if he got out of line. He laughed but respected her warning, assuring her that he would remain the perfect gentleman.

When they got upstairs, Trenton washed his hands and began to fry some chicken his sister had defrosted earlier that day. While the chicken was frying, they decided to get fried themselves. They went blunt for blunt as Ashley rolled up her stash and he rolled up his.

They ended up watching stand up comedy together as they ate and chilled. Halfway through the show, they somehow ended up talking about their lives. Trenton began to share with Ashley how he just started being exclusive with this woman he'd been seeing for over a year. He expressed his doubts about his girlfriend, saying he felt that she was hiding something.

Ashley gave him advice, telling him to take it slow if he felt doubts. Then for the first time, she admitted out loud that she was having doubts about her fiancé herself. She said she loved him but she didn't feel like they hold the same values in life. She said she was afraid of disappointing him because she didn't want him to feel used being that he helped build her credit and paid off the rest of her student loans.

They continued to open up about their worries and fears that night. Learning bits and pieces about each other. It felt good to express themselves without the worry of being judged.

Ashley and Trenton ended up chilling for six hours that day. Time flew by before Ashley realized it was late and jetted home. She was met with an upset Rayvon, questioning where'd she been all day. He saw that she was stoned out of her mind and went off about that too.