[31] RUNNING.

"Life is like riding a motorcycle to keep your balance you must keep moving

"Life is like riding a motorcycle to keep your balance you must keep moving."
-Albert Einstein

"You're gonna be the last one standing Daryl, you too Harlow. Both of you will be standing hand in hand together. I can see it."She told us with a smile on her face.

That's what Beth said last night and I couldn't stop thinking about her words. She's always going on about hope.

But she doesn't believe that she'll be right beside us?

I'll keep her alive and I'll make sure of it. That's my promise to Hershel. Beth will make it. She doesn't need to be like Michonne, Maggie, Carol or myself she just has to be Beth that's more than enough.

Not long after that she said that, she came up with the idea to burn the little cabin to the ground, so that's exactly what we did.

It was almost as if we were saying goodbye to our ast and getting rid of the heavy baggage but as long as I'm alive I'll carry the weight of mine with me.

A person's trauma is like a bag of bricks that they're carrying around everywhere, as time goes on they become stronger so that bag of bricks doesn't feel as heavy any more. But no matter what they do in the world, that trauma will still be there to greet them.

You can still feel it.

Over the years I've tried multiple different ways to try put everything past me, it would make my life so much easier. So I'd talk to Hunter, paid for my own therapy, started medication as well as other methods people recommended. But nothing really did work the way I wanted it too.

Although, burning the cabin and saying a massive fuck you to the world did make me feel that little bit better.

Then I'd remember Theo or someone else and I'd be right back at the beginning again.

Since we'd burned the cabin down the three of us have just been wandering around with no real destination in mind we are just trying to survive another day. Hours would pass and we'd still be walking, sometimes I wondered why.

What was the real point?

Then I looked at the young teen in front of me. Still so full of life after all the events that had occurred just days ago. Her father's dead, she has no clue if her sister is still alive but somehow she remained full of hope with a smile on her face.

Beth was the reason Daryl and I were still standing on two feet.

Then the three of us came across a funeral home, we all needed a b real from walking for the night. Beth was limping with every step she took and needed her ankle wrapped. I needed a full nights sleep and Daryl needed food. This building might actually offer all of the above.