[38] REUNITED AT LAST.

"Holy fuck balls

"Holy fuck balls."
-Abraham Ford

"Holy shit." In awe, I exclaimed as I saw the chaos begin to unravel.

Merle and I, of course, had set both propane tanks on fire.

"That was probably the best thing I've ever done." I told Merle, high on adrenaline.

Merle averted his sight from terminus' walls and turned to face me with a malicious smirk.

"Yer deadly," he said, seeing the confusion on my face, he added. "Ya enjoy the rush of adrenaline sunshine, can be dangerous."

I left him in silence after that since I didn't know what to say. He's not totally wrong, so there's no point in denying it.

Terminus was now in flames, and walkers were pouring through there gates as if it were their last mission. The guards were either leaving, dead, or stayed to protect their home. This whole saving the group thing might be a lot easier than I expected.

"All right, let's move on to the next step." I told Merle as I nervously scanned the thousands of walkers below us. I've never seen so many from this high up before.

Merle and I exchanged glances as we prepared to go through terminus' gates. I don't know if this is our second or third mission together; I'm losing track.

This time, I'll follow my plan through and bring everyone back to life.

"Harlow?"

I hadn't heard that voice in a long time, but I'd never forget it. She was someone I'd couldn't forget. Merle spun around fast, an angry expression on his face.

"I told ya to stay back." He hissed angrily.

I finally turned around, hoping that my mind wasn't playing tricks on me. But there she stood covered in blood that isn't her own.

"Carol?" I couldn't believe she was here.

I jumped up and instantly wrapped her in my arms. She kept me at arms length as we both pulled away, her hands on either side of my face looking for injuries.

She formed when she saw the swelling on my face, cut on my left arm and the way I flinched at the tight hug.

"I'm okay." I reassured her.

God I really missed this woman.

Merles' voice cut brief reunion short. "What ya doin' here?"