[1] One Shot

Alabaster hands move swiftly across the ombré LED keyboard, occasionally left-clicking a mouse. Killua's devotion to the widely known game, "Valorant" has his tired eyes fixated on his lit screen.

Killua moves his hand to the right of his desk where his phone is placed--clicking on his messages with his favorite curly-haired melodramatic companion, Ikalgo. He presses the call button without thought, an indie punk rock song playing. Eventually, the ringing comes to an end.

"Yo, what's gamin', Killua?" a rough voice asks.

"Get on Valorant right now, jit," Killua demands.

"You know I play Genshin, not Valorant, bro."

Killua rolls his eyes. "Get on anyway," he says gruffly, annoyed.

"Bro... I've never played," Ikalgo exaggerates.

Killua sighs. "Just get on and try it out so we can play, dude, it'll be awesome," Killua grins behind the screen. He continues, "I don't want to solo queue..."

"Hold on, my resin is capped right now BRB," Ikalgo exclaims.

"Man, alright."

Killua ends the phone call and shifts his mouse, clicking onto Valorant. "I guess I'll join a competitive match," he mutters to himself. There was a pause before realizing that this would be his rank-up game to gold.

He stares at his screen, "SHEESH NOBODY PICKED KAY/O, LET'S GOOO." Killua repositions his mic. "Anybody here got a mic?"

"I do, hey man," his teammates say in an asynchronous fashion.

"Who's getting the spike?" a soft female voice says.

"I'll get it," Killua stares at his screen, gripping his rainbow LED gaming mouse tighter; rainbow reflecting off of his sapphire eyes.

"We better get the win guys. Y'all better be good," one of Killua's teammates says.

"Yo. Plant the spike at A," a deep voice commands.

"Alright."

The built robotic KAY/O swiftly yet quietly looks at both sides before going into the site to plant the spike. A woman's voice clearly announces "spike planted." Right then, a Jett with red outlines leaps out from heaven as she uses her passive move to glide down. The wind pushing past Jett created a noise, alerting Killua. Swiftly, he moves his mouse causing KAY/O to turn around. He then starts tracking where Jett was going, killing her within seconds. 

"I planted the spike, going for the flank," Killua says as he grits his teeth.

The others rotate quickly to where Killua had planted the spike. Reyna takes hold of heaven, KAY/O watches from mid, slowly making his way over to the path the enemies were taking. Omen quietly walks over to site C in search of the enemy Raze. A bullet was shot. Reyna quickly turns her head to see Viper standing in the middle of the garage. More bullets were shot as they commenced into a fight, enemies spotted.

Just as Killua figured, the rest of the enemies slowly walked towards the entrance to A from CT. His character hides in one of the corners before coming out and shooting the clueless enemies.

The character Phoenix pops up on the side indicating the player talking. He lets out a confident, "damn, right."

The second round began. "I'll get the spike this time, and we should go to the same area so they think we won't rotate at all," one of the teammates analyzes.

"Good idea, Reyna," Killua responded quickly. Two quick sharp pinging sounds echoed near him as he picked up on the sound of another teammate's lifeless body falling to the ground.

"Aw crap, 80 on killjoy. KAY/O watch your left, on your left." A voice declared. Before Killua could react, the carcass of KAY/O was on the ground.

"What the fuck?" Killua spouts, not believing that he already died. "You know what? That's fine, I guess. We'll do better, we're only two rounds in," Killua reassures his teammates, sweat beading off of his temple.

After six rounds in, with the current score being 4-2 labeled at the middle top screen of Killua's screen, hope and confidence in winning starts to build up. After the buy phase, the wall blocking the attacking side and the defending side disappears, allowing the attackers to enter like wild dogs. The noise of each footstep thumping on the ground alerted Killua. "I heard footsteps, they're probably hiding behind this corner," he says as he pings the corner. He presses down on the letter E and aims at the wall with his suppressing knife.

A pop-up comes up informing the rest of the teammates that the enemy Raze was within the knife's circle. Raze immediately comes out of the corner attempting to roll her boom bot out to distract Killua so she could save herself. But the unaware Raze didn't realize he was suppressed; allowing KAY/O to headshot her. By this time, the rest of his teammates had already fallen, resulting in a clutch by "Godspeed." The chat and voice chat all rose with noise hyping and praising Killua's clutch.

Once the last round had ended with the great word, "VICTORY" covering up the whole screen, everybody from both teams filled up the chat with "gg's."

"LETS GOO-" Killua is cut off by the sound of Ikalgo's rough voice.

"You really ought to soundproof that whole room if you're always like this," Ikalgo retorted.

Killua flinches slightly, forgetting he was still on the call. Pressing on the screen, it brightens back on showing how long he has been playing.

"Don't you have neighbors?" Ikalgo snickers.

There is a slight pause of consideration. "You're right but they have a kid over there, always yelling at someone on their computer. So, I don't feel bad," Killua says, taking his blue LED headphones off.

"What a nightmare," Ikalgo says monotonously.

"Yeah... Anyway, wanna play Valorant?"