[9] Pocket Rocket

Ikalgo sits slouched forward in his cheap gaming chair he found off of Goodwill. I mean, who can blame him? As a broke college student, that was a damn lucky find.

The chair creaks as he ruins his posture, absorbed into his computer screen. He furrows his thick eyebrows and bites the bottom of his lips. I better win this 50/50.

"Hi," a voice whispers into Ikalgo's ear, causing him to jump out of his chair. The inevitable reaction causes Ikalgo's gaming chair to tip over and slam onto the hardwood floor.

Ikalgo turns his head to see Killua's icy blue eyes that compliment the self-satisfied grin placed on his lips. "What the fuck? You scared the shit outta me, man," Ikalgo sneers.

"That's your fault for leaving your front door unlocked," Killua shrugs.

Zushi peeks his head into Ikalgo's open door before walking into his room. "Aye, wassup my man," Zushi says as he walks towards Ikalgo. They slap the palms of their right hand together and then slap the dorsal side of their hands going back. Then, they clench their hands into fists. Zushi lowers his vertical fist while Ikalgo raises his, bumping his fist down. Zushi does the same thing afterward and finally, they fist bump and wiggle their fingers as they depart.

Gon sees the whole entire handshake as he peeks inside, revealing his entire body when he enters. "Zushi! Teach me that please!" Gon pleads, eyes widened.

"Yeah, alright. After we discuss the Nerf war though," Zushi chuckles.

"OK, so the Nerf war is tomorrow and we have everything we need, right?" Ikalgo asks in an enthusiastic manner.

"See, about that... We still don't have the Nerf guns," Killua says slowly as he gives an awkward laugh.

"I thought we were required to bring our own," Gon says, confused.

"We are, but we need the shitty ones. You'll understand when I explain the rules tomorrow," Killua sighs, moving his hands to feel his pockets. He's relieved when he feels his wallet in his left pocket. "I'm gonna go run to Target real quick," Killua continues, walking towards Zushi's door to exit the vicinity.

"Wait!" Gon says in distress being the dramatic bitch he is. "Can I go?" he asks, his parted lips curving up into a hopeful smile.

Killua pauses, then lets out a breath. "Fine. Do whatever," Killua says, waving his hand as he rolls his eyes.

"You bitch! I'm not getting you a Nerf Fortnite AR-Rippley Motorized Elite Dart Blaster," Killua snarls as he reaches into the shopping cart where Gon is sitting for his wallet, snatching it out of Gon's grip.

"Please, it's only $21.99," Gon pleads, cupping his hands together and giving puppy eyes with all the willpower he has left.

Killua slaps the palm of his hand onto his forehead, having the urge to slam his head into a wall vigorously. "You know what? Fine," Killua utters, defeated.

"Fuck yeah! I'm definitely gonna beat you in the Nerf war now," Gon exclaims, letting out a self-satisfied sigh.

"Don't make me change my mind," Killua darts his pointer finger towards Gon.

Killua pushes the shopping cart towards the front of the store resolutely, and makes a few sharp turns causing Gon to shriek.

They make it to the self-checkouts and checkout a few Nerf N-Strike Jolt blasters and Gon's idiotic Fortnite blaster.

Killua lets out a disappointed sigh when he extracts a 50 dollar bill from his Rick and Morty wallet.

Gon takes the plastic bags with the Nerf guns and starts doing reps with them.

"Remember, never stop the grind," Gon winks at Killua.

Killua clicks his tongue and pushes the cart while running at full-steam. He makes a swift turn to the left once he gets out of the automatic sensor-opening door which is followed by Gon squealing and holding onto his dear life.

Killua puts both of the soles of his feet on the bottom ledge of the shopping cart and leans forward, making sure the cart doesn't tip over as they cruise through the dim parking lot.

Gon's squealing finally dies down as the cart comes to a gradual stop.

"How was that?" Killua grins, proud of his mobility skills.

"That was like going on a Fortnite Battle Bus in real life," Gon says, contented.

Killua doesn't know if he's disappointed or disgusted. Maybe both. Scratch that, definitely both.