04| God, those eyes

It takes everything in me to pry open my eyelids

It takes everything in me to pry open my eyelids. I grunt beneath my breath, feeling as if my body weighs a million pounds, and take a long breath to soothe the sudden sickness that has overtaken me. I'm going to puke. I glance around the room and realize I was in a hospital room.

It wasn't the typical one to which I was taken when Nichaols or his guards crossed the line. This one reminded me of the one I was in when my ribs were seriously infected. It was the same day that my family learnt of my past. That day was an experience to say the least.

I gasp, grabbing my head as it pounds painfully in my head. I stare up at the ceiling, my eyes widening as it finally clicks together in my head. They found me. They came for me. Dominic was there and he saved me. He held me in his arms and then everything went blank. The last thing I saw were his dark eyes that seemed to be engraved into my mind.

When I feel a weight on my stomach, my eyes travel down to my lap. When I look down, I notice Dominic sitting next me, his head resting on my body. As my eyes glaze over his face, a smile arises on my face. His disheveled hair, which covers his face with a few strands. He looked so young when his face was peaceful instead of its usual tight face.

My hand reaches over to brush the hair away from his face and I look down simply watching his chest rise and fall as he sleeps. I can't seem to pry my eyes away from him and he keeps my sole attention like he normally does even when he is asleep. If only he knew how much power he has over me. He was everywhere. He was everything.

I'm snapped from my thoughts as the door clicks open and I look over to the doctor who peaks his head in. Marcus smiles softly and I return the register. He looks down to the sleeping Dominic who's hair I was brushing through. I go to pull my hand away but Marcus shakes his head giving me a wink.

"I can give you 15 minutes. Then I'll be back with the rest of your family." He has a sly grin on his face as he closes the door. I look back down to Dominic and his hand tightens around my own.

His eyes pinch close even further as he whispers, "Arabella."

He jumps up sitting up as he looks around panicked. "Arabella!"

He looks over seeing me sitting, watching him. He rubs his eyes, closing them.

"I'm dreaming. I've gotta be dreaming." I squeeze his hand giving him a small smile and he snaps from his daze standing to his full height. I crane my neck back as he gently grabs me face with his bigger hand. His thumbs glide under my eyes and he stares down at me.

"God, those eyes. It's been a year since I've seen them." He speaks so softly as if I would break and I feel my body warm with tingles everywhere. He was adorable.

"Wow. You would think he would give you a hug or some shit but he seemed to have missed your eyes more than you." I scoff playfully, turning my head away from his grip and he doesn't waste a second wrapping his arms around me.