12| That godawful contract

I press closer into my pillow, tightening my leg around it

I press closer into my pillow, tightening my leg around it. Though I abruptly stop when the pillow seems to shake with a laugh and light air falls over the side of my face. I slowly begin blinking my eyes open and rub the sleep away from my face.

Dominic looms over me with a gentle smile on his face and I can't help but shy away covering my hands with my face.

"Stop looking at me like that. I know I look gross." I mumble knowing that I probably looked awful. My hair was most likely a rat's nest while my face looked weirdly pale. Oh god, what if I drooled.

My thoughts don't last long as he grabs my hands to pull away. I shift uncomfortably and it doesn't go unnoticed by Dominic.

"You are beautiful. So fucking beautiful. I couldn't wake you up when you looked like a goddess laying across me." His voice is a deep rumble against my body.

Holy fucking shit. Morning voice.

"Thank you, pretty boy. I'll take the compliment even if I just feel like you're saying that because you feel bad. I still appreciate it." I smile and he gives me an exasperated look in return. "I'm gonna get washed up. In your washroom, if that's fine?" He nods with a smile and I slip away from his hold.

The smile on my face doesn't fade in the shower, and I can't help but laugh as the water droplets tickle my spine.

I felt like I was either high or drunk.

In my happy bubble, I felt weightless, almost if I was experiencing my own personal euphoria. I'd never felt this relaxed before. I'd never felt like I could fly quite as I did right now.

I was high on Dominic words that seem to be the song playing in my head. I was drunk on thoughts of him that cloud my mind.

"It was then that I learned the other side of Arabella. The side that would die for her family and friends. Arabella is a complete badass. The Arabella that even after being put down day by day you fought harder and made your way to the top. You went through hell and back, but still are the strongest person I know. The Arabella that I fell for. And I fell hard."

Stepping out I grab the towel from last night and wrap it around myself. I hold it to my body, my feet pattering outside his door, seeing Dominic propped up on the headboard talking on the phone.

"Fuck off, man. I couldn't give two shits about what you think I should do when it comes to my personal relationships. Even as my best friend it doesn't give you any rights-" My ears perk up at his words as my heart begins plummeting further down.

There's someone on the other line who speaks and even from my hidden corner I can see Dominic's eyes flare with anger.

"Keep my girlfriend's name out of your fucking mouth, you dick. If I hear you say something like that ever again I swear to god you won't have a friend or a brother anymore. Fuck you." He ends the call slamming it down on the bed as he fists his hands.